Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: QUESTION: Public Shooting Range pitt area

Quote Originally Posted by paperseeker View Post
    Bullseye, which was on Campbells Run Road was such a range. Open to the public and memberships. I was a member, I'm not sure why they closed. They had the live shoot video system as well as electronic programmable target holders. I loved the place and was there a couple of times a week at least. If something like that was to return in Robinson area I would be very interested.
    they closed bc of theft of a rental gun, from what a member there told me

(Allegheny County)

The PMSC facility looks pretty nice on their website. Is anyone on here a member who would be willing to sponsor an applicant? I recently moved to monroeville and have no where to shoot.. i am new to shooting which is a bummer because where i used to live was 1.4 miles from A and S.

(Allegheny County)

PMSC has a very nice indoor pistol range at only $100 for the first year and then $60 a year after! No gun rentals, but everything else one would look for in a indoor pistol range.

Link: http://www.pmsconline.com/pmsc/?q=pistol
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by S.Harrold25 View Post
    The PMSC facility looks pretty nice on their website. Is anyone on here a member who would be willing to sponsor an applicant? I recently moved to monroeville and have no where to shoot.. i am new to shooting which is a bummer because where i used to live was 1.4 miles from A and S.
    This is how to apply:

http://www.pmsconline.com/pmsc/?q=apply

Don't worry about the sponsor until you get there, just ask someone in the membership committee for a sponsor.
    Toujours prêt

(Washington County)

PMSC is the best facility and deal in the shooting sports. Friends I have in from out of state regularly tell me how much better I have it with that place local, and its an hour drive from my house.

Plus, the indoor range is the same equipment (but different backstop) as Anthony Arms, and only costs $5 an hour+ (so we can afford to keep it nice and keep a filtration system working, happy lungs!)

(Allegheny County)

Once a member can you sign guests in? I have a few friends who arent from the area but would probably come out once in a blue moon to throw some lead around.. especially in the winter.

Bonus dumb question: It is probably illegal to hang steel and sandbag my garage and shoot my pistol off in there right? Just making sure.. seems like a terrible idea but the garage is too small for my truck and has a gravel floor.. not a lot i can do with it.

(Washington County)

PMSC allows guests.

As for shooting in your basement, it is probably a really bad idea. Even if is legal, which depends on where you live, it wouldn't be very safe. You probably wouldn't have enough distance between you and the target. Spray from bullet hitting steel is a danger, unless you are using frangible ammo, which is costly. The minimum recommended distance is 10 yards for handguns. Even if you shot paper, some sandbags are not a proper backstop for indoors.

There reason indoor shooting ranges spend so much money on ventilation is to protect you from lead poisoning. Lead poisoning can really mess you up. You'd be contaminating your whole garage/house. What if a bullet ricochets and goes through a wall or ceiling?

It's just a very bad idea.
    "The best investment on earth is earth."

(Allegheny County)

Good call. for the 5 minute drive from monroeville to pitcarin i think il save my self from the lead poisoning.. With some more research under my belt im seeing some really cool stuff out in pitcarin. do they run any competitions out there? Looks like they have a lot of courses.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by S.Harrold25 View Post
    Good call. for the 5 minute drive from monroeville to pitcarin i think il save my self from the lead poisoning.. With some more research under my belt im seeing some really cool stuff out in pitcarin. do they run any competitions out there? Looks like they have a lot of courses.
    Meeting is this Wednesday. Bring your application!
    Toujours prêt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12