Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default H&K P-30 VS. GLOCK 19 GEN4..?

Lookin for opinions.....which is better...all round gun....cc..home..range..

Default Re: H&K P-30 VS. GLOCK 19 GEN4..?

Quote Originally Posted by joe magarack View Post
    Hey Joe, in my humble opinion I choose the P30 for numerous reasons.

1. ERGOS
    2.exposed hammer
    3.Trigger options, DA/SA, DAO, LEM
    4.Mag release(ergos)
    5.Interchangeable backstraps and Side Panels (ergos)
    6.No pulling trigger to disassemble (safety issue for some)
    7.Natural point of aim (subjective)
    8.Maintenance intervals, some 25,000 suggested rnds spring replacement
    9. Sights, H&K 3 Dot over Glock field goal style (easily replaced on either model though)

I dont know, I just like it better in the end and, I OWN BOTH (H&K P30 9mm V2 LEM, Gen 3 G19). Not some biased one sided deal. Although the Glock is a fine, high quality service pistol, dont get me wrong here <little flamesuit protection, I can just see it coming, cover your ass

Edit> price will be about the only thing Glock guys can say, compare, have the edge on. If you got the dough, get the H&K...
    Last edited by brownman; April 19th, 2011 at 11:44 PM.
    and to the dust you shall return

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by joe magarack View Post
    I would vote the HK P30.

Sadly, if the price is a concern the g19 has it beat. Also, the new Glocks seem to be having some problems. I personally have not shot one so my thoughts are just hear-say, but a lot of FTF/FTE threads pop up on the new 9mm's.

Overall best bargin would be a lightly used G19 third generation.

(Cumberland County)

Gen3 would be a better comparison.

Hk will win hands down over a Gen4 due to it's reliability concerns. I've never handled a Gen4 G19 personally, but I read very little positive things on the Gen4's. I have shot and own a Gen3 G30 and G19. Also have an Hk USP. So I have experience with the brands but not the specific guns in question.

Hk P30 wins easy in the ergonomics department. G19 is a bit smaller for CC. Hk's have a great SA trigger if you get a DA/SA variant. G19 will be much cheaper.

Fact is, either will make you happy.

(Allegheny County)

I would say get yourself a 3rd gen G19, very reliable and probably the best all around 9mm there is. Plus you can buy lots of ammo and some extra mags and still come in under the price of an HK. And the G19 will serve you just as well.

Not a biased opinion either as I own Glocks and HK's, just favor the Glocks more as they are a much simpler weapon.

(Montgomery County)

ETA - I have no experience w/ the Gen4 G19...

Here's my take:

If I am buying a polymer framed handgun, it is for one reason - The sheer utilitarian nature of the gun.

If I spent the $$ on the P30 (an awesome gun, BTW), I would feel compelled to take super good care of it, be pissed if I scratched it or rusted it from summer IWB carry, etc. And that would effectively nullify the number one selling point that a poly gun has, for my personal uses.

Whereas my Gen2 G19 offers all the pro's of a polymer framed pistol, and also didn't cost me the kind of $$ that will make me hesitate to get it dirty, possibly neglect it a bit, sweat all over it and not care, etc.

So while I am truly an HK fan (my absolute favorite handgun of all time is still my P7M8), I would go w/ the G19. I also do not have to fret about pricey/hard to get replacement parts or mags w/ the Glock.

It's a gun a can feel 100% confident in, without feeling bad about possibly trashing its exterior...

If you don't plan on carrying the gun, then most of what I said here is not applicable, I would think...

Again, just my $0.02. The P30 is an absolute tank, and I would think that there's no wrong answer here...

Regards,

Bones
    Last edited by JoeyBones; April 20th, 2011 at 06:05 PM. Reason: Gen4 disclaimer

(Allegheny County)

4th Gen Glock 19 - have two 100% reliable for me (love the grip, sold my 3rd Gens). I still have a 2nd Gen that I really like though.

Last and only HK pistol that I ever liked was an HKP7M8. But I do like the MP5
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Cumberland County)

Oh goodie, an opinion question...

What Bones says below is quite accurate, at least in my experience. I don't wanna feel bad about beating on my carry gun. So a 2nd Gen police trade in would be perfect. (Where did they all go? A year ago there were trade in Glocks all over... I need one.)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    ETA - I have no experience w/ the Gen4 G19...

Here's my take:

If I am buying a polymer framed handgun, it is for one reason - The sheer utilitarian nature of the gun.

If I spent the $$ on the P30 (an awesome gun, BTW), I would feel compelled to take super good care of it, be pissed if I scratched it or rusted it from summer IWB carry, etc. And that would effectively nullify the number one selling point that a poly gun has, for my personal uses.

Whereas my Gen2 G19 offers all the pro's of a polymer framed pistol, and also didn't cost me the kind of $$ that will make me hesitate to get it dirty, possibly neglect it a bit, sweat all over it and not care, etc.

So while I am truly an HK fan (my absolute favorite handgun of all time is still my P7M8), I would go w/ the G19. I also do not have to fret about pricey/hard to get replacement parts or mags w/ the Glock.

It's a gun a can feel 100% confident in, without feeling bad about possibly trashing its exterior...

If you don't plan on carrying the gun, then most of what I said here is not applicable, I would think...

Again, just my $0.02. The P30 is an absolute tank, and I would think that there's no wrong answer here...

Regards,

Bones
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Carbon County)

just read 1000 threads...you have glock freaks, hk freaks, beretta freaks ect...everyone has there own preference....me personally, if i paid 800 bucks for a gun and i liked it, i would just carry it and use it the way you want to. if it gets scratched or dirty who cares? are you buying a gun to look pretty or to have by your side if you need it? i carry my old cz83 and cz70...to me they have the best ergos, and they are well made and they have never let me down. who cares if the steel gets scratched? i dont buy guns to kiss them and look pretty then afraid to scratch them then you cant sell it...if your buying it as an investment, you made the wrong choice, pick another hobby. if you want it to protect you and have some fun with, then buy the gun you like.

(Northampton County)

depends on how much you are comfortable with spending if money is not a bis issue i would go H&K all day!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast