Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Thumbs up Taurus 24/7 G2 9mm review

This my first review So take it easy on me.

Out of the box, she was shooting low, but with a couple clicks of the rear sights, she was on. I had 5" groups at 25yds and 3" groups at 10yds. No failures of any type. I was using rem 115gr 9mm and Lawman 115gr, about 50 rounds of each. Liked the way the gun felt. Even came with different sized back straps So I messed with them until the gun felt comfortable in my hand.

The one down side, and this happen every time I loaded a fresh mag. Was the first trigger pull after racking the first shell, was always DA, but I found a video (2 days later) to help solve that problem http://youtu.be/yOCy_pK7SWk Before you say "well duh". All the handguns I owned previous to the 24/7 were SA 1911's. Dont think I even, ever fired a DA automatic pistol before this day at the range.

Also I see that a good quality holster is hard to find at this time.

After I get a little more time at the range. I might have some more to add.
    I AM A PROFESSIONAL. DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME

Default Re: Taurus 24/7 G2 9mm review

Your gun shooting low was probably solved by something else you did, because rear sights usually only handles left & right adjustment/wideage. High and low adjustment would be front sight. I own a 24/7 in 40 s&w long slide it is a reliable and accurate gun. I added houges slip on grippers and now the small like grips fit better it is my home protection piece. I think like you stated the more you shoot it the better you will like it. Tarurus gets high marks for its 709, 8XX and 24/7 series pistol. I really like the newest version with the Glock like trigger and takedown nocht.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Your gun shooting low was probably solved by something else you did, because rear sights usually only handles left & right adjustment/wideage. High and low adjustment would be front sight. I own a 24/7 in 40 s&w long slide it is a reliable and accurate gun. I added houges slip on grippers and now the small like grips fit better it is my home protection piece. I think like you stated the more you shoot it the better you will like it. Tarurus gets high marks for its 709, 8XX and 24/7 series pistol. I really like the newest version with the Glock like trigger and takedown nocht.
    The G2 is sweet, but I have never shot a Glock.
    So your saying the up and down adjustment on the rear sight is for windage?
    The rear sights have 2 adjustment screws. One is L/R, and the other is up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by coble View Post
    [B] The one down side, and this happen every time I loaded a fresh mag. Was the first trigger pull after racking the first shell, was always DA,
    This is merely an added safety feature that the original 24/7 Pro does not have unless you use the decocking feature that it has. My opinion is that you can't be too safe when you carry, and though the 1911 can be carried cocked and ready to fire while safetied, my preference is to carry that particular pistol unchambered verses flipping the safety off. Drawing and racking the slide quickly is something that can be done with a little practice, and to me is fun to do, and it adds just a little more safety. The Gen 2, now that I have got to experience the pistol, is automatically set to DA without having to decock it, and firing DA on the first pull is also easily overcome with a little practice, as well. JMO. As far as the pistol, it shoots as good as anything I have put in my hand and it is a speed shooting freak of technology. Although not a fifty yard precision shooter, it delivers 8" groups off of a forearm rest with little problem. I could not decide whether to rebarrel my two 24/7 Pro's, or get the Gen 2, so I opted for the latter and am very happy I did so. It is a great pistol.

(Northampton County)

Glad you like it! I was planning on buying a G2 until I saw a first gen stainless 24/7 Pro DS on sale for $299. I scooped that up and I've been quite happy with it.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    Just saying, The screw in front of this one is for wideage.

Quote Originally Posted by coble View Post
    Just saying, The screw in front of this one is for wideage.
    Bro, as politely as I know to say, it is "windage".

Generally, you can adjust the front sight using the valuable and proven "file" or "build and file" method if there is no rear sight adjustment for elevation. If all your adjustments are on the rear sight, you only need to center the front sight and leave it be, unless you shoot at distances that overwhelm the amount of adjustment your rear sight is capable of, like on an M4 type rifle.

Adjustable rear sights almost always adjust for elevation as well as windage, and that diagram clearly shows an adjustable sight, and the diagram shows how to adjust it for elevation.