Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default XDm still debating

I'm still thinking about getting an XDm in .40 S&W or .357 Sig. I know it's a quality pistol from a very reputable company, I'm just wondering how does the reliability of it's SAO striker compare to other striker fired pistols, such as Glock or the M&P?

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: XDm still debating

Ive never really heard anything bad about the xd's. Its usually just a personal preference when most people pick between the Glock,M&P and XD. I personally dont like the XD's as they seem twice as bulky and awkward as a glock or M&P. But again thats just me. Some of my friends have them and love em!

(Cumberland County)

Smile Re: XDm still debating

personally i prefer the glocks, i have 8 but go with what feels best in your hand. i think quality of the xd,s glocks m&p are about the same all are good guns. i look at guns this way first fit then features then cost. if you can try to shoot some different models that helps alot also. happy shopping it is half the fun.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfive0 View Post
    Ive never really heard anything bad about the xd's. Its usually just a personal preference when most people pick between the Glock,M&P and XD. I personally dont like the XD's as they seem twice as bulky and awkward as a glock or M&P. But again thats just me. Some of my friends have them and love em!
    I currently own an M&P and three Glocks, but I've always wanted an XDm. Would you happen to know of any site that has a list of agencies that use the XDm, I can't seem to the find any info on it's success winning contracts?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    personally i prefer the glocks, i have 8 but go with what feels best in your hand. i think quality of the xd,s glocks m&p are about the same all are good guns. i look at guns this way first fit then features then cost. if you can try to shoot some different models that helps alot also. happy shopping it is half the fun.
    I agree lol the gun shop is my candy store! I'm a Glock and M&P owner as well, but there's just something about the XDm that get's my attention!

(Butler County)

I personally have an Xdm in .40 and I love it. I have had one failure, during which the round did not load completely into the chamber. Afterward, I noticed that the lips of the mag had been bent (I believe this happened after hitting a rock when dropped from the gun). This has been the only failure in around 1k rounds.

I compared it to the Glock and M&P and personally I around them all to be around the same size and I went with the XDm. It fit my hand the best and to this day I do not regret my choice in the slightest.

Also, The XDm does not currently come in .357 sig. you could however buy the .40, and get a conversion barrel to allow it to shoot .357 sig. no need for a mag or spring change.

http://www.efkfiredragon.com/proddet...prod=XDM357SBC

I don't have and XDM but have three XD's. I am a 1911 lover at heart but started shooting 3gun and USPSA and the XD really bridged the gap between 1911 and hi-cap full size/safe action pistol. On side note, i have meat hooks for hands and the XD feels good to me.
    Tantric Shooting Team

(Monroe County)

Quality gun. Well made. They are large, but then again they have the capacity to back up the size.

I found both triggers to be terrible to me so the triggers are on a scale to me.. The Glock was a crisper suck and the XD was a more mushy suck. They are in the same family, SR9 (heavy suck), Glock (crisp heavy suck), XD( lighter mushy suck), M&P(heavy mushy suck).

(Centre County)

I'm not a big fan of 357 Sig. Ammo is expensive, and if you reload, the lubing part is a pita (a nice benefit of most pistol ammo is no lubing).

Quote Originally Posted by bricktop View Post
    I'm not a big fan of 357 Sig. Ammo is expensive, and if you reload, the lubing part is a pita (a nice benefit of most pistol ammo is no lubing).
    Nobody was really asking if anyone liked XX cartridge.

Needing to lube the case during sizing has nothing to do with the brass. If you do not have a carbide die or TiN coated die you need to lube the case regardless of caliber.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast