Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Motorcycle help, any experts out there?

I haven't had too much time to work on this, but since the last post, I have drained the gas and the float bowls again and it still doesn't run. Also dumped some seafoam in the tank this time around, no luck. Hopefully i'll be able to get around to it again this week (the new house is taking up all of my free time). But on the plus side, I now have my class M (passed MSP last week).

‘The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose.’’

— James Earl Jones

(Beaver County)

After this much fun, I would drain the carb bowls and try starting it on ether. If it doesn't start, you have either a spark timing (or firing order) problem, compression issues or a blockage in your exhaust system.

If it starts AND RUNS on ether, then your problem is in the fuel or the fuel system.

BTW, I ride an RTP instead of a Harley, because I like my motor riding ahead of a pickup truck, not in the back of one.

(Washington County)

I Third what lycanthrope is saying.

Drain the bowls. Watch where that old gas is going, as the ethanol in it probably seperated and will eat through your paint. Next, drain that tank, give it a rinse with some fresh gas 9just a bit, and drain again. Then fill with some fresh stuff from a good place, maybe a bit of seafoam after it starts running for good measure.

Modern E10 has a shelf life of abotu 3 months, with no stabilizer, worse if it is humid out or it gets condensation in the tank. It cant bre brought back to being good either, so just take it, drain it, and burn it safely somewhere.

(Allegheny County)

Just draining the tank without cleaning the carb is probably not going to get the bike running at this point.
    FNX-9 Two-tone

(Monroe County)

I vote on the seafoam as well...also, don't go by the battery indicator on the tender. My tender said my battery was fine too...had enough charge to fool the tender, but I took it to the shop and they hooked it up to a real battery tester is was so obviously no good it wasn't even funny. Bought a new battery and new plugs and she fired right up.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123