Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Fishing in Lancaster County

Anyone in Lancaster County fish? I live in Gap (17527). I'm looking to take my girlfriend's 4 year old son fishing this season, but, I don't know of any good spots. We're mainly looking for a pond with some sunnies it in or maybe a good brook or stream with some trout.

Anyone know of some good locations? Thanks!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Fishing in Lancaster County

Your in a prime location for ponds. Stop at every Amish farm and ask, I've almost never been told NO by the Amish. Us regular folks do turn you down quite a bit thought. Haven't fished any ponds since College, sorta miss it.

(Lancaster County)

Smile Re: Fishing in Lancaster County

There is a nice pond in new holland off of spruce st which is east of railroad ave. It is full of sun fish, carp and bass. you are almost guaranteed to catch something in this pond which will keep the little one from getting bored. other wise look for a trout farm which will also allow you to take home your catch after they filet the fish and pack it in ice...good luck. jack

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by keystoneman 85 View Post
    Your in a prime location for ponds. Stop at every Amish farm and ask, I've almost never been told NO by the Amish. Us regular folks do turn you down quite a bit thought. Haven't fished any ponds since College, sorta miss it.
    Thanks for the tip. I never even thought about asking the Amish to fish in their ponds.

Next them In that are I might give it a try.

Do you just knock on their door?

If you catch anything, do you usually give them some of the fish as a "thank you"?
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I never even thought about asking the Amish to fish in their ponds.

Next them In that are I might give it a try.

Do you just knock on their door?

If you catch anything, do you usually give them some of the fish as a "thank you"?
    Whoops! Guess I left that part out. I NEVER keep any fish, that's just me. And I certainly wouldn't ever think about keeping them from a private pond owned by an individual. Chances are they payed to have it stocked and have family members who fish it, so they won't want their fish to be taken.

If you like to keep your fish you could always ask while obtaining permission.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by iMoses14 View Post
    Anyone in Lancaster County fish? I live in Gap (17527). I'm looking to take my girlfriend's 4 year old son fishing this season, but, I don't know of any good spots. We're mainly looking for a pond with some sunnies it in or maybe a good brook or stream with some trout.

Anyone know of some good locations? Thanks!
    I have some areas close to the Lititz/Brickerville/Brunnerville area if your ever down this way, but like I said you should be able to find a ton of places much closer.

Having the youngster with you while asking is a sure thing too!

Quote Originally Posted by keystoneman 85 View Post
    I have some areas close to the Lititz/Brickerville/Brunnerville area if your ever down this way, but like I said you should be able to find a ton of places much closer.

Having the youngster with you while asking is a sure thing too!
    I'd make a day trip for some good fishing. I heard there's a lake up near Brickerville but I can't remember the name. I just wanna get a few sunnies or a couple trout to satisfy a 4 year old. If you're down for some fishing, let me know, and I can meet up with ya. I'm trying to figure out when I have some free time. I'm most likely gonna do this on a weekend.

(Berks County)

Speedwell Lake - filled with sunfish, crappie, carp, and catfish - the bass fishing leaves something to be desired. Hammer creek flows from the spillway at the bottom of the lake and is stocked with trout, but also holds sunfish, carp, and smallies.

Let me know when your planning it, I could try to get out.

(Lancaster County)

Unhappy Re: Fishing in Lancaster County

MOSES 14- UPDATE: The range i mentioned in New Holland is now closed to the public. sorry about that because it was a fun pond that i've used for the past couple of years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PD25 View Post
    MOSES 14- UPDATE: The range i mentioned in New Holland is now closed to the public. sorry about that because it was a fun pond that i've used for the past couple of years!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No prob. I took my girlfriend's son up to the town pond in Paradise on Route 30. And, I also took him trout fishing in the creek that's behind the Paradise Park about 1/4 west down Route 30.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast