Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Philadelphia Gun Show, Greater Philadelphia Expo Center - Eagle Arms Production

Quote Originally Posted by SaMx View Post
    I noticed that there's also a show at the national guard armory being put on at the same time. Which one is better?
    I've been stood up too many times at the armory to have an interest in going back.

JMHO, of course.

Also, I do remember the armory gathering to be smaller ... no where near 800 tables.

I'm headed to Oaks on Sunday w/ the BIL.

Eagle Arms usually has a few chests of milsurp something or other they are blowing out.

Granted, these blowouts aren't the collector's museum piece we all hope to land for a song.

But if one is in search of a milsurp shooter, Eagle usually has something reasonably priced.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Philadelphia Gun Show, Greater Philadelphia Expo Center - Eagle Arms Production

I'm thinking of going to this show but was wondering what my best option for payment would be. Is credit even an option at these shows?

I'll be seriously looking for 9mm ammo in bulk. Less seriously, I'll be looking for a 1911, AR-15, or AK but those are more wish list things that I haven't decided on.

(Westmoreland County)

Many vendors/dealers take credit cards. Some do not. Bear in mind that credit cards cost vendors sales fees so you can ususlly get the best deals by paying with cash. Many dealers such as myself figure "If I don't have to pay the credit fees, why should you."

Look me up at the show. Highland Arms Co.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by SaMx View Post
    I noticed that there's also a show at the national guard armory being put on at the same time. Which one is better?

If I were inclined to make the 5.5 hr one-way drive (which I am NOT), I'd go only to the Eagle Arms / Oaks Show and wouldn't give the Armory Show a second thought, even being in the area.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    If I were inclined to make the 5.5 hr one-way drive (which I am NOT), I'd go only to the Eagle Arms / Oaks Show and wouldn't give the Armory Show a second thought, even being in the area.

Noah
    You got that right!

Just heard from Joel that the show is sold out, 1000 tables full

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Just heard from Joel that the show is sold out, 1000 tables full
    Wow.

Friendly piece of advice--there is going to be a line down the entire length of the building until probably 1pm.

Typically, I get there at the time the show opens and the line is a few hundred people long and after looking around for an hour or more, when I go outside, the line is twice as long.

Might be worth getting there at 8am to get in and get out at a reasonable time. This is going to be a huge show, and the first one in the area with good weather . . . . as Gorilla Monsoon said--jam packed, hanging from the rafters.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    Just heard from Joel that the (Oaks) show is sold out, 1000 tables full
    The only sound to be heard at the Armory show will be the vendors wailing and knashing their teeth at their decision to set up there instead of at Oaks.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

The only sound to be heard at the Armory show will be the vendors wailing and knashing their teeth at their decision to set up there instead of at Oaks.

Noah
    They are running the Armory show against Oaks? What are they nuts?

(Bucks County)

Noah
    Yeah,you got that right !
    Jesus is Lord !

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast