Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Some Holiday spirit for yall.

Some Holiday spirit for yall.
    So here's the deal. I walked home from work on Tuesday. I live in highland park and work in shadyside. I more often than not I walk to work and sometimes walk home at night (i work mostly nights). The neighborhood I walk home through has its problems as does the neighborhood I work in. Though I have only had a couple minor problems walking home. (knock on wood)
    I picked up my paycheck Tuesday and couldn't find it when i got home. I tore apart and everything I had with me when I walked home. I cleaned and rechecked the apartment. Came up with nothing. So decided to give it a couple of days before I started to worry (due to the fact that things have a habit of surfacing when i think they are gone forever). Today I decided that I would have my boss check to see if it had been cashed, void the old one and cut me a new check. Not real happy about this because it would take a week to get a new check and we (my girlfreind and i) need the money sooner than that for traveling around Ohio to visit family and celebrate Christmas.
    This morning I got a letter addressed to me with no return address. There was my paycheck with a note on it that says "Found this on Ellsworth Ave-Thought you might need it" A perfect stranger took the time to mail my paycheck back to me. They didn't wait a few days but dropped in right in the mail. That person probably has no idea how much this meens to us and our Christmas plans. Getting to see our familys over the holiday is a big deal to us.
    Now recently I have been despairing over how crappy people treat each other in this city and the world as a whole. I have had a small piece of faith in humanity restored today. Thought I would share it with yall.
    Happy Holidays
    -A
    No matter who you vote for the government always gets in.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Some Holiday spirit for yall.

Thats great! Nice to see some people still have morals!

Just be careful...your SS number was probably on that check as well as your home address, etc. The "no return address" thing worries me here...but I am sure if they were gonna steal your identity, they wouldn't have bothered to send it to you!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RocketFoot View Post
    Just be careful...your SS number was probably on that check as well as your home address, etc.
    Yea they black out all but the last 4 digits of the SS number and as for them havin the address well..refer to the slogan on the hat i guess...
    -A
    No matter who you vote for the government always gets in.

(Somerset County)

There are still a few good people out there.

Sadly, the bad ones get the attention.

Merry Christmas!
    This space open for sponsorship

(Chester County)

Great story, thanks for sharing! All too often we hear about bad stuff, and not often enough about the good. It's no wonder the kid in Omaha thought he needed to kill people to become famous. Now it's your turn to pay if forward by performing a random act of kindness.