Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Talking OC saves the day!!

My little baby girl is turning 16 next week and since she cannot drive my work truck or my Manx and the Mustang is definitely off-limits, and Mom won't allow her to drive her car, we have to buy a used car. This, being the only off-spring that I have, she will get the best I can afford. An '09 Altima. We found it at a place in Doylestown that promised to have the window chip repaired, and didn't. So, this morning i make an appointment to drive all the way to Fairless Hills and go to Safelite.

Around 10:15 I roll into the lot. As I get there I see an SUV with NJ plates and an obongo bumper sticker. Liberal bed-wetter alert. I take a few minutes to check out the car I just picked up last night, sort of get aquainted, and talk ot it about how it's going to take care of my little girl and in turn I am going to feed it quality gasoline and regular oil changes. I'm early for my appointment because i loathe people who are late, ever, for any reason. It's a sign of bad manners, poor breeding and low IQ as far as I am concerned. I'd rather be an hour early than 10 seconds late.

Anyway, I make my way inside and go to the desk. The guy asks my name and I tell him. He says I'm early. "Always" I respond. I give him my keys and he tells me it'll be a little bit. Ok, I sit in the chairs in front of the TV. The NJ resident is quietly reading her book in the corner away from the TV. I look at the pile of magazines, and decide two things, I don't need to learn how to apply makeup or find eligible bachelors, and 'public' piles of magazines are great germ-spreaders, and since i don't want the flu, I pass.

I pick up the TV remote, and start flipping channels. i find Jeff Corwin playing with baby African Penguins. Who knew Africa had penguins? This looks interesting, so I bump the volume two notches so I can hear it. It was really low to start with. THAT was the start of the 'incident'.

"EXCUSE me, can you turn that down? I'm trying to read and that is very distracting!". Really snotty tone to her voice too. Again, it wasn't loud enough to really be heard as anything other than 'there is a tv playing on the other end of this very large waiting area'. I doubt if she closed her eyes and I flipped the channel, she could have told me what the program I flipped to was about. It WAS that low.

I responded by bumping it down one notch and said , "I'm sorry, I have some hearing loss from the military". She shot back with , "Well, I don't support any of the wars George Bush started". My wife wasn't there, but if she had been , her comment would have been, "OH SHIT, IT'S ON!"

Seeing as how i had just finished a #5 sausage burrito meal and a large sweet tea at Chik-Fil-A, I am in a rather good mood. I looked up and caught the guy at the clerk window look at me and raise his eyebrows and grin. He knew she was out of bounds. I looked at her with my sternest 'you just offended mne greatly' look and said, very calmly, "I don't give a damn what your opinion is. This conversation is over". She came back with, "Why don't you get a hearing aid if you are deaf?" Oh boy! She wants to get verbally mauled! I growled back at her, and I am not overly proud of this, "Why don't you mind your own f@#$ing business and read your book." She started to say something and I stepped on her with ,"SHUT UP!".

Air expelled from her in an obvious cry for the guy behind the counter to join her team. He slid his chair back to the point she couldn't see him, but i could, and grinned at me. She started to say something else and before she could get two words of it out, I decided I had enough of this. It was time to act. I stood up rapidly, and turning just slightly away from her (she was across the room 20 feet away, to my right) I took my coat off, exposing my 1911 to her, and sat back down slowly. I turned and grinned and stared at her. I did not look away. My stare said, "Your move, Mouthy Bitch". She got this ,"OH SHIT" look on her face and started looking for support from people who were not there. 'oh crap, it's just me and this armed person I picked an argument with' must have crossed her mind, because she got a really sick look on her face and grabbed her stuff and huffed out the door and spent the next half hour outside in the cold, pacing and glaring, and attempting to look like she was reading her book. When the guy told me a little whlie later that my car was done, i paid, got my receipt, and headed for the door. I made sure she was on my strong side and got another 'eyeful' as I crossed the little sidewalk righ in front of her. Just for fun, I told her in my most sincere voice, "You have a nice day, Ma'am" and smiled at her like I was smiling at my Mom.

See? OC has all kinds of abilities. You just have to know when to use it. This whole incident could have gone several ways. She could have walked out of there and gone the rest of her life thinking she had 'beat down' a veteran, she could have gotten me mad enough to make a cup of coffe (which I don't drink) and throw it in her face, she might even have gone on to preach the whole obama/communist manifesto to the poor counter-guy after I left. But she won't because she ran outside like a liberal bed-wetter as sson as she was face to face with an American who loves his country and his rights! God Bless America!!!
    Last edited by Manxdriver; February 16th, 2013 at 02:44 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: OC saves the day!!

Quote Originally Posted by Manxdriver View Post
    My little baby girl is turning 16 next week and since she cannot drive my work truck or my Manx and the Mustang is definitely off-limits, and Mom won't allow her to drive her car, we have to buy a used car. This, being the only off-spring that I have, she will get the best I can afford. An '09 Altima. We found it at a place in Doylestown that promised to have the window chip repaired, and didn't. So, this morning i make an appointment to drive all the way to Fairless Hills and go to Safelite.

Around 10:15 I roll into the lot. As I get there I see an SUV with NJ plates and an obongo bumper sticker. Liberal bed-wetter alert. I take a few minutes to check out the car I just picked up last night, sort of get aquainted, and talk ot it about how it's going to take care of my little girl and in turn I am going to feed it quality gasoline and regular oil changes. I'm early for my appointment because i loathe people who are late, ever, for any reason. It's a sign of bad manners, poor breeding and low IQ as far as I am concerned. I'd rather be an hour early than 10 seconds late.

Anyway, I make my way inside and go to the desk. The guy asks my name and I tell him. He says I'm early. "Always" I respond. I give him my keys and he tells me it'll be a little bit. Ok, I sit in the chairs in front of the TV. The NJ resident is quietly reading her book in the corner away from the TV. I look at the pile of magazines, and decide two things, I don't need to learn how to apply makeup or find eligible bachelors, and 'public' piles of magazines are great germ-spreaders, and since i don't want the flu, I pass.

I pick up the TV remote, and start flipping channels. i find Jeff Corwin playing with baby African Penguins. Who knew Africa had penguins? This looks interesting, so I bump the volume two notches so I can hear it. It was really low to start with. THAT was the start of the 'incident'.

"EXCUSE me, can you turn that down? I'm trying to read and that is very distracting!". Really snotty tone to her voice too. Again, it wasn't loud enough to really be heard as anything other than 'there is a tv playing on the other end of this very large waiting area'. I doubt if she closed her eyes and I flipped the channel, she could have told me what the program I flipped to was about. It WAS that low.

I responded by bumping it down one notch and said , "I'm sorry, I have some hearing loss from the military". She shot back with , "Well, I don't support any of the wars George Bush started". My wife wasn't there, but if she had been , her comment would have been, "OH SHIT, IT'S ON!"

Seeing as how i had just finished a #5 sausage burrito meal and a large sweet tea at Chik-Fil-A, I am in a rather good mood. I looked up and caught the guy at the clerk window look at me and raise his eyebrows and grin. He knew she was out of bounds. I looked at her with my sternest 'you just offended mne greatly' look and said, very calmly, "I don't give a damn what your opinion is. This conversation is over". She came back with, "Why don't you get a hearing aid if you are deaf?" Oh boy! She wants to get verbally mauled! I growled back at her, and I am not overly proud of this, "Why don't you mind your own f@#$ing business and read your book." She started to say something and I stepped on her with ,"SHUT UP!".

Air expelled from her in an obvious cry for the guy behind the counter to join her team. He slid his chair back to the point she couldn't see him, but i could, and grinned at me. She started to say something else and before she could get two words of it out, I decided I had enough of this. It was time to act. I stood up rapidly, and turning just slightly away from her (she was across the room 20 feet away, to my right) I took my coat off, exposing my 1911 to her, and sat back down slowly. I turned and grinned and stared at her. I did not look away. My stare said, "Your move, Mouthy Bitch". She got this ,"OH SHIT" look on her face and started looking for support from people who were not there. 'oh crap, it's just me and this armed person I picked an argument with' must have crossed her mind, because she got a really sick look on her face and grabbed her stuff and huffed out the door and spent the next half hour outside in the cold, pacing and glaring, and attempting to look like she was reading her book. When the guy told me a little whlie later that my car was done, i paid, got my receipt, and headed for the door. I made sure she was on my strong side and got another 'eyeful' as I crossed the little sidewalk righ in front of her. Just for fun, I told her in my most sincere voice, "You have a nice day, Ma'am" and smiled at her like I was smiling at my Mom.

See? OC has all kinds of abilities. You just have to know when to use it. This whole incident could have gone several ways. She could have walked out of there and gone the rest of her life thinking she had 'beat down' a veteran, she could have gotten me mad enough to make a cup of coffe (which I don't drink) and throw it in her face, she might even have gone on to preach the whole obama/communist manifesto to the poor counter-guy after I left. But she won't because she ran outside like a liberal bed-wetter as sson as she was face to face with an American who loves his country and his rights! God Bless America!!!

So basically you got in an argument with a woman over the volume of a TV in a waiting area and to end the argument, you flashed your gun at her?

Cool.

I call bullshit. You're exaggerating and/or embellishing to create some nonsensical liberal straw woman that fits into your delusional imagined archetype.

Even if it WERE true, that's the dumbest and most immature way for a real man to handle a conflict with ANY woman. You give gun owners a bad name.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    I call bullshit. You're exaggerating and/or embellishing to create some nonsensical liberal straw woman that fits into your delusional imagined archetype.

Even if it WERE true, that's the dumbest and most immature way for a real man to handle a conflict with ANY woman. You give gun owners a bad name.
    I read into it as sincerity mixed with exaggeration. you know adrenaline will do that to you.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ak47fullmag View Post
    I read into it as sincerity mixed with exaggeration. you know adrenaline will do that to you.
    Is there something about open carry that causes the carriers to go looking for fights?

Quote Originally Posted by ak47fullmag View Post
    To be fair, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    Is there something about open carry that causes the carriers to go looking for fights?
    I couldn't tell you. I CC. but I will def say a couple of my friends oc and they are the least confrontational people I know.

I have met a couple a-hole oc and cc. think its a mixed bag.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    So basically you got in an argument with a woman over the volume of a TV in a waiting area and to end the argument, you flashed your gun at her?

Cool.

That's what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    To be fair, you're probably right.
    I always like to give benefit of the doubt. if I was in a similar situation, whos telling what shitstorm would go down. im just sayin.

(Allegheny County)

At the very least, you didn't reinforce her perception that all gun owners are ignorant, menaces to society.

Or did you?

Should be an interesting thread.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast