Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Single Shot Shotgun Breakdown

I am thinking of trying to do some duracoat on this shotgun first as it was cheap and if I screw up it wont matter to much.

I am confused as how to totally break it down, I can get the stock off but after that I am stuck, The fore-end will not come off and I do not want to strip whatever is holding it together.

Pictures below.

<-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Single Shot Shotgun Breakdown

The forearm needs to come off and then the barrel will seperate from the reciever.

(Lebanon County)

It's like they say while shooting trap; "PULL!".

That thing on the bottom that looks like a screw is just a screw on the bottom that holds some hardware in place, don't take it out. It holds a spring loaded lever that snaps securely into place. If you do take it out it's no big deal, it goes right back in.
    To remove the forearm;
    With the action in the closed position, hold the shotgun firmly by the barrel with the butt of the gun on the floor and pull on the front end of the forearm, it'll come right off. The spring loaded lever has some pretty decent tension on it to hold it securely but it comes off fairly easily. There's a lug on the bottom of the barrel that the spring lever hooks into to snap into place and hold with rearward tension. To put it back on you just line up the rear end of the forearm with the receiver, make sure the lever is properly aligned with the lug and push the forearm into place, it'll snap right on.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    It's like they say while shooting trap; "PULL!".

That thing on the bottom that looks like a screw is just a screw on the bottom that holds some hardware in place, don't take it out. It holds a spring loaded lever that snaps securely into place. If you do take it out it's no big deal, it goes right back in.
    To remove the forearm;
    With the action in the closed position, hold the shotgun firmly by the barrel with the butt of the gun on the floor and pull on the front end of the forearm, it'll come right off. The spring loaded lever has some pretty decent tension on it to hold it securely but it comes off fairly easily. There's a lug on the bottom of the barrel that the spring lever hooks into to snap into place and hold with rearward tension. To put it back on you just line up the rear end of the forearm with the receiver, make sure the lever is properly aligned
    AH! Thank you, I spent like 5 minutes pulling up toward the end of the barrel screaming at the damned thing then i decided to pull it down "off" and it worked xD

Again, Thank you haha.

A little plastic part broke off so I am super-gluing it back on, and after that I will try to totally break it down.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]