Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default New guy checking in!

Hi everybody. I just joined the site. I haven't been around guns most of my life, but have really been thinking about getting one lately. I'de like it to have as home protection, CC and just to shoot at the range. Im on this site reading up everything I need to do in order to get a LTC, and also im reading all about gun safety. Just saying hello, and I hope to learn a lot on here!

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: New guy checking in!

Quote Originally Posted by 1chambered. View Post
    Hi everybody. I just joined the site. I haven't been around guns most of my life, but have really been thinking about getting one lately. I'de like it to have as home protection, CC and just to shoot at the range. Im on this site reading up everything I need to do in order to get a LTC, and also im reading all about gun safety. Just saying hello, and I hope to learn a lot on here!
    Welcome to the site. Lot of useful info here. The search feature is your friend! I'm in Philly as are you, so if you haveany questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

(Luzerne County)

Welcome to the site! Check the stickies at the top of the threads, LOTS,of good info there!
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Westmoreland County)

Welcome aboard. Congratulations on educating yourself before carrying.

(Delaware County)

26 views and only 3 replies.... Tsk tsk

Lol

Welcome!!!!

Read the stickies at the top of the forums and ask questions

(Philadelphia County)

Thanks everyone!

(Berks County)

I'll be the bad guy...

LTC, what? F?

Welcome, enjoy your stay. Someone had to be the jackarse to correct you, I will be that guy, in a joking manner.

Gun safety classes run all over, I know you said you were around firearms all your life but, it never hurts to get more positive reinforcement. Especially if you plan on getting non-resident permits down the road.

(Northampton County)

Welcome to the Forum. As others have said, the stickies are a good place to start. And don't get discouraged if you cant find something. The search tabs can be finicky.... Just ask and someone will direct you to it.
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

(Venango County)

Welcome to the family. Allow me to impart some wisdom on you.

1. Do not, I repeat do not buy a firearm unless you are ready to spend a good deal of money. My first pistol was a cheap little throw away. Thought I would never need anything larger than 9mm, or anything fancier than a turd. I could now defend my home from a horde of zombies.

2. Post content, not post count. What I mean by this, is that we all love when new members become contributing members. Not that there is anything wrong with one post a year. But it is ok to let your voice be heard. That being said, trolling is a definite "no no".

3. Search, read, search, read, repeat. Most of the questions you are going to ask to start off have been covered extensively. A quick search should answer most questions. Anything else, just feel free to ask.

4. Don't let things get to you. We have alot of strong willed members here. That is the polite way of saying, we are stubborn asses. We might not always agree, we might not always see eye to eye. But in the end, we are all here for the same reason. So, if someone gets snippy. Don't let it get to you.

5. Take everything with a grain of salt. You may hear stories about things that don't sound safe, and might not work. Remember, all the things you read here are opinions, not fact, and not legal advice. We do have a resident lawyer, and he does chime in from time to time. But, it is only along the lines of advice, unless he says so.

6. Be safe. For the love of god, be safe. We don't like hearing about people being injured. Let alone when they are members here. A little bit of training goes a long way, and you already said you were not too familiar with firearms. We have countless members all across the state. I am sure a few wouldn't mind taking you out to the range, and for the price of some ammo, would more than likely let you try out a few of their toys as well.

Follow these rules, and you should be ok for the most part.
    I'm so fast, I can bump fire a bolt action.