Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Pistol range in Lansdale?

Is there a pistol range in/around lansdale?
    Just because 'perfect' is impossible does not mean we should settle for 'broken'.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Pistol range in Lansdale?

The closest is Target World in Chalfont.
    Guns are dangerous, but no guns is more dangerous.

Clayton's is in Horsham but it is LOUD in there. They didn't put up any sound deadening material and when you tell them it's obnoxious in there (had to wear plugs + ear muffs to make it bearable). Any they will argue with you when you tell them about it :-).

Or there is Target World in Chalfont but they are overpriced and they treat you like dirt unless you are buying one of their overpriced guns. They actually tried to block the door as I left the first and last time I went in there trying to pressure me into buying a gun upstairs.

I would head to Classic Pistol in Southampton. They are awesome. Good pricing, lots of lanes, cheap ammo, and really helpful guys.
    Last edited by LostBits; April 13th, 2011 at 08:36 PM.

(Carbon County)

Go check out Conestoga in Southampton. Yjeu are on Street Road not far from 611

There will be an Open House Saturday the 16th of April at

the CONESTOGA ROD AND GUN CLUB

820 Street Road Southampton, Pa 18966

10 am TILL 4 pm

Come check at the club and see just what we have to offer.

Remember: Dues are ONLY $ 40.00 a year

Conestoga is a Private Club that is open to members

24 hours a day 7 days a week !!!!

(Pike County)

Ok, starting from the nearest one:

Target World - I second the opinion above
    Clayton's - valid concern about how loud it is, but I don't really care, my muffs are good enough
    Wicen's - can't beat $15/day, but it's outdoors, sometimes it's good, sometimes it rains.
    Classic - heard lots of good stuff about them;
    Conestoga - never heard about them before, but judging by the previous post it's totally worth checking out.
    Je suis déplorable

Quote Originally Posted by LostBits View Post
    Clayton's is in Horsham but it is LOUD in there. They didn't put up any sound deadening material and when you tell them it's obnoxious in there (had to wear plugs + ear muffs to make it bearable). Any they will argue with you when you tell them about it :-).

Or there is Target World in Chalfont but they are overpriced and they treat you like dirt unless you are buying one of their overpriced guns. They actually tried to block the door as I left the first and last time I went in there trying to pressure me into buying a gun upstairs.

I would head to Classic Pistol in Southampton. They are awesome. Good pricing, lots of lanes, cheap ammo, and really helpful guys.
    BS info! Claytons has built a first class range . I was given a tour when I happened to stop in when they first received their L&I CO.. Top of the line air exchange and the most modern sound suppresion allowed under todays standards.
    If any one blocked the door when you exit ANY place of business and tried to pressure you into buying something you are a FOOL for returning and not handling it like a man the first time.
    Classic is always great as are the others . I know I am not lucky, so I try and make my own , and never had a problem with any of these shops. I think it is because I am not a troll or walk around with a big chip on my shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Whiskey View Post
    BS info! Claytons has built a first class range . I was given a tour when I happened to stop in when they first received their L&I CO.. Top of the line air exchange and the most modern sound suppresion allowed under todays standards.
    Clayton's is loud. You must be hard of hearing or you have never actually shot more than a .22 in there. I have been there on several occasions and it is LOUD. Classic is way quieter by any and all measurements.

If any one blocked the door when you exit ANY place of business and tried to pressure you into buying something you are a FOOL for returning and not handling it like a man the first time.
    Where did you read that I returned? You certainly are the FOOL for not being able to read a simple post. Here's a quote of my prior post in case you need it, "first and last time I went in there". As for how I handled it, I did handle the situation accordingly.

Classic is always great as are the others . I know I am not lucky, so I try and make my own , and never had a problem with any of these shops. I think it is because I am not a troll or walk around with a big chip on my shoulder.
    I'm not a troll nor do I walk around with a chip on my shoulder. I simply wanted to give Al-Mumit my opinion on local places to shoot. You however are more interested in giving false information and not offering anything to help out Al-Mumit to find a good place to shoot. Why not come up with your own objective opinions instead of being a shill and promoting Clayton's without being objective.

(Bucks County)

Wow,sounds like LostBits hit a raw nerve or something
    Jesus is Lord !

(Montgomery County)

Target World at 202 and County Line Road. I shoot there weekly. They have always treated me and other people I know well.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    Wow,sounds like LostBits hit a raw nerve or something
    Lol, apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebluevette View Post
    Target World at 202 and County Line Road. I shoot there weekly. They have always treated me and other people I know well.
    That's awesome to hear. I'm glad that there is a positive story coming from there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast