besides sticking out, will it work?

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: Glock 17 barrel in G19

yes, it will work

.thank you.

(Philadelphia County)

It's only 1/2 inch longer. You could even put a G17L or G34 barrel in there. Rock out with your Glock out.
    Those who dare.

(Allegheny County)

No it won't work, you will jam your gun up.

(Allegheny County)

There are several examples of the G19 barrel working in the G26. Heck, some folks even have videos of it on Youtube I believe. On the other hand, there are differences in the locking blocks between the 17 and 19, etc. Enough to possibly cause the weapon to hang up and make slide removal very difficult or impossible in worst case. I chalk this up to one of those "try at your own risk" situations. You might get it assembled and then have a giant problem on your hands and non-functional weapons, overall I'd recommend against it.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by forceinPA View Post
    yes, it will work
    NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Pointman73 View Post
    It's only 1/2 inch longer. You could even put a G17L or G34 barrel in there. Rock out with your Glock out.
    NO!

Quote Originally Posted by arjohnson View Post
    No it won't work, you will jam your gun up.
    Ding!

It will jam your gun. It was just posted on here a few months ago when someone tried it and it jams the gun up because the locking block area on the barrel is not the same. Not like "ha ha" pull trigger, move slide, and take it back out either... it locks the gun up.

Moral of the story, if you don't ACTUALLY know the answer to the question... don't answer it. Especially when it will result in a completely locked up pistol and most likely a very frustrated owner.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    Moral of the story, if you don't ACTUALLY know the answer to the question... don't answer it. Especially when it will result in a completely locked up pistol and most likely a very frustrated owner.
    ^^ Agree 100% ^^

I have read people on various forums who have said it will jam the gun up, and a few other people who claimed that '...it will work fine.'

Personally, all I have to see is 1 account of it NOT working, in order for me to decide that it would not be a good idea to try.

But other people might look at it and say, "Well, almost half of the people out there say it should/will work," and then they try it, not realizing that those individuals probably never even tried, and thus were not in a position to even add anything to the conversation.

Just my take... Hopefully the OP did not try this.

Regards,

Bones

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    Personally, all I have to see is 1 account of it NOT working, in order for me to decide that it would not be a good idea to try.
    Bones
    It's on Glock Talk. There is a VIDEO of a guy ( I think JR from LWD) doing it to show in explicit detail IT DOES NOT WORK. (I can't find it today of course, it's in his photobucket or something.)

And how to disassemble the now completely jammed up gun to get it back apart once you do it. Because once you do it, it doesn't come back apart without forcing the trigger forward while disengaging the trigger safety... then pulling the slide back plate and taking out the firing pin etc.

THEN, you can remove the slide and barrel.

Which is why I am astounded as to why anyone would say "yeah, it works". When it clearly renders a gun inoperable.
    Last edited by Asmodeus6; April 14th, 2011 at 07:54 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus6 View Post
    It's on Glock Talk. There is a VIDEO of a guy ( I think JR from LWD) doing it to show in explicit detail IT DOES NOT WORK. (I can't find it today of course, it's in his photobucket or something.)

And how to disassemble the now completely jammed up gun to get it back apart once you do it. Because once you do it, it doesn't come back apart without forcing the trigger forward while disengaging the trigger safety... then pulling the slide back plate and taking out the firing pin etc.

THEN, you can remove the slide and barrel.

Which is why I am astounded as to why anyone would say "yeah, it works". When it clearly renders a gun inoperable.
    Right, fully aware of that.

I wasn't debating your point (I was supporting it/agreeing with you).

I was simply stating that, even in the absence of such definitive proof (like the video you mentioned), all it would take for me personally, is to read one single person claiming that it could lock up the gun/not work/be a bad idea/etc. - And that would provide me with adequate doubt to the point that I would avoid trying it.

But unfortunately, some folks have selective hearing at times.

I believe that we are making the same point.

Regards,

Bones

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast