Hello, I'm a relative newcomer to this site, so I apologise if this has been posted before (I wouldn't be surprised that it has, just I didn't see anything in my brief searching.). I am basically a handgun person, 1911's in particular are my "thing". But I am thinking about adding ONE rifle to the stable. What I'm considering is what I've started to call a SHTF rifle, as some usr that term on this forum. Basically I'm looking for something that's reliable, easy to maintain, plentiful parts and ammo supply, and would be accurate and easy to shoot. This would be a weapon that would/could be used for defense as well as a food gatherer. Also I'd be interested in what optics are considered in this same catagory. I know that there are probably as many opinions on this topic as there are guns and calibers out there. I guess what I hoping to hear are the opinions of other more experienced people, and as important, their reasoning behind their choice(s). My attitude towards this gun would be to keep it as simple as is reasonable, but it's gotta work, all the time. So there's my question(s). Any input/opinion is welcome. Thank you.