Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default D

D
    Last edited by FlyingFish; August 21st, 2022 at 10:13 PM.

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: Questions on M&P 9

A friend of mine has a M&P9 C. He loves it, i have shot it many times it is a
    really nice shooting pistol. Full size or compact is what is more comfortable for
    you to carry.i think compacts maybe a little easier to carry.My buddy has a
    Crossbread holster for his.I carry a S&W99 i have a Galco Fletch it is a pancake style holster.I don't know much on the Serpa holsters.

Default Re: Questions on M&P 9

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFish View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Recently I had the opportunity to try out a M&P 9C and full size.

I really liked the trigger pull and shot accurately and consistently with both.

I'm pretty set on getting one now and really only deciding between the compact and full size.

The reviews I've read online are mostly positive, which is good, but I would also be interested in hearing about any drawbacks or criticism with the M&P.

That being said, does anyone have any negative experiences or feedback?

Also, what would a fair price in SEPA be for a new M&P 9?

Thanks!
    M&Ps are great guns, well made, well designed and durable. Problem is the triggers suck and Glock already does it better.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by 3per View Post
    M&Ps are great guns, well made, well designed and durable. Problem is the triggers suck and Glock already does it better.
    The trigger doesn't really suck, but it can use improvement out of the box. They can be really nice with all the bells ans whistles.

M&P's are great guns. I've shot many full size and used to own a compact. They have great ergonomics and the triggers can be made very, very nice with some aftermarket parts.

Like I said, I used to own and M&P9c. Now I own a G19. The M&P was a really good gun but I did have some reliability issues and had to send it back once. Mostly failing to eject. Haven't had any problems with the glock.

If you're going to carry and are looking to conceal the compact is very nice, especially considering you can run full size mags with grip sleeves for 17 rounds. The Full size is a bit harder to conceal but is a great shooting gun.

The G19 falls right in between the sizes of the M&P's and is really something to consider as well. The trigger can be made "right" with much less money and there's an abundance of gear for them. Just something to consider before you spend a bunch of money.

(Montgomery County)

Just to add to what others have said, I have an M&P full size 9mm and didn't think the trigger "sucked" out of the box (especially now that I've shot dozens more guns). However, it had some room for improvement and did get noticeably better after the break in period.

That said, I recently dropped in an APEX DCEAK (hard sear, striker block part, springs) for about $90 and an hour of my time. That kit tranformed a decent trigger into a very good trigger. I love my M&P. As someone mentioned, the ergonomics are outstanding, which was the reason I was drawn to it in the first place (it felt better in my hand than anything else I tried). It shoots great (especially now with the APEX parts) and I'm over 1300 rounds without a single failure of any kind.

(Clinton County)

My wife has a M&Pc 9mm. The only thing she did not like was the Mag without the pinky extention. She call S&W and they sent her several extentions for free. She also has the crimson trace lazer on hers.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(York County)

For additional input have you tried mp-pistols.com . Check out the
    various evaluations on the pistol, full size and compacts etc.
    FUNDAMENTALS

"All that is needed for Evil to Prevail is for Good Men to
    do Nothing"

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by P-11 shooter View Post
    They have great ergonomics and the triggers can be made very, very nice with some aftermarket parts.
    Will you expound on this so we may all learn?

Saw what adoddere had to say.
    C.R.

(The Invisible Poster)

(Berks County)

Cabela's has one on sale now for 549.99: 3 mags, double mag holder holster.... not a bad deal if you don't mind it being tan/black

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shoot...3Bcat105529680

(Allegheny County)

My issue with the MP9c is the same with most compact versions of full size double stack handguns. They are only compact in length and height but not width.

For me truly compact is single stack and less than an inch in width.

I understand that simply shorting the slide, barrel, and grip is easier and a reduction in width would require more of a complete redesign.

I think the perfect form factor for a compact handgun in 9mm that is still comfortable to shoot and has a reasionable barrel length is the Kahr P/CW9.

http://www.kahr.com/Pistols/Kahr-CW9.asp

That withstanding. I have shot my grandfathers M&P9c and it is a very nice gun. Comfortable good trigger for a stock gun, accurate at average defensive distances.

I have the full size M&P in .40 and I love it. It serves as my HD and Range gun. I have a retention holster I use for range duty and if I ever needed to carry it.

My everyday carry firearm is a Ruger LCP with CT Laser. I plan on getting either the Karh CW9 or P9 as my next firearm to bridge the gap of size and performance. I'll decide between the two Kahrs based on budget and what modification I think I might make.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast