Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Bucks County)

Default Looking for an "all metal " Compact 9MM?

Stopped by Tanner's today & was pleasantly surprised to see the new Stoeger (Beretta) Cougar compact in the showcase. Ergonomics were excellent which is typical of Beretta (fit my hand very nicely). Comes with two Beretta made 13 rd mags. Fit & finish is also typical Beretta excellence. Being all metal it's not Polymer lite by any means but with it's compact size I see no problem using as a carry weapon. With Cougar proven reliability, accuracy, high quality workmanship & a NIB price of $369 Stoeger has another fantastic value handgun.

Default Re: Looking for an "all metal " Compact 9MM?

Check out the CZ75 compact and the 2075 RAMI, they are very good quality pistols.

(Mercer County)

Rohrbaugh R-9
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

Quote Originally Posted by triplebike View Post
    Stopped by Tanner's today & was pleasantly surprised to see the new Stoeger (Beretta) Cougar compact in the showcase. Ergonomics were excellent which is typical of Beretta (fit my hand very nicely). Comes with two Beretta made 13 rd mags. Fit & finish is also typical Beretta excellence. Being all metal it's not Polymer lite by any means but with it's compact size I see no problem using as a carry weapon. With Cougar proven reliability, accuracy, high quality workmanship & a NIB price of $369 Stoeger has another fantastic value handgun.
    Don't know if I would consider it a true compact since they only shortened the grip from holding 15 to 13. Would agree it is one nice bargain in a metal pistols.

Bersa 9uc would be another smaller all metal option.

(Montgomery County)

Compact is a very subjective word.
    I consider a Sig P239 a compact, but some would say it's too big.
    The other choice wold be to look at a Kahr MK9.

Bye for a while, guard the fort. - My Dad

The other choice wold be to look at a Kahr MK9, that would be my choice. All metal great design, trigger and made in the good ole US of A.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Neko456 View Post
    The other choice wold be to look at a Kahr MK9, that would be my choice. All metal great design, trigger and made in the good ole US of A.
    I will second a MK9!

Smile Re: Looking for an "all metal " Compact 9MM?

Quote Originally Posted by triplebike View Post
    Thanks triplebike for the notice on the new Stoeger I 'll check it out tomorrow at Tanners while I'm seeing the difference between rock island's and $2000 1911's

(Montgomery County)

Take a look at the third generation Smith and Wesson automatics. Models like the 6906, 6903, 3915, 3953 and the like are plentiful on the used market and are top notch firearms. Sure, they no longer make them but they have everything the "modern" designs have today even though they were built 20 years ago.

If you want ultra premium, look for the Smith and Wesson Performance Center Shorty 9 also called the PC9. It is a hand built (by skilled craftsmen of the Performance Center) 12 shot compact 9mm with dovetailed sights (night sights easily bought) that will outshoot most of us. Here is a link to one on gunbroker:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=223927263
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post

If you want ultra premium, look for the Smith and Wesson Performance Center Shorty 9 also called the PC9. It is a hand built (by skilled craftsmen of the Performance Center) 12 shot compact 9mm with dovetailed sights (night sights easily bought) that will outshoot most of us. Here is a link to one on gunbroker:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=223927263
    Hmm, do want.

I'd settle for a CS9 though.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast