Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Talking para hawg carry 9

saw one fo 679.....slightly usedl slide still tight like new...2mags
    12+1....good bad or indefferent???

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: para hawg carry 9

I have witnessed and heard various issues with Para, enough to have it in the back of my mind to stay away from Para altogether. At one point, I was very interested in and almost got myself a Nite Hawg in 45, then I met someone at the range who couldn't get it to feed Federal JHP. I know someone who had another problem, can't recall exactly what, but it had to go back to the shop.

Now, these are at best anecdotal evident. I can come up with similar anecdotal evident with even my wife's beloved Kimber. I'm sure many who own Para never had either of the problems mentioned. Along the same line, I would never buy a Springfield EMP because of problems I heard.

Personally, I have experience with my wife's Colt Defender in 9mm (and know someone else who has one). While it still has issues feeding JHP 100%reliably, it's still being broken into, and had zero failures when it comes to FMJ. Even with JHP failure, it's has to do with not locking the slide back on the last round (Wolf 145gr), which is rather odd.

Point is, of the Hawg Carry 9, EMP, and Defender 9, I'd go with the Defender. However, the price is pretty good for the Hawg 9 in compared to the other 2.

Al