Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default High Noon Holsters Bare Asset; Affordable Quality

Recently I purchased a High Noon Bare Asset for a Kahr K40. I was looking for something not totally custom (to keep cost low) and something not totally generic. I had bought a Galco iwb holster for the gun and was not pleased at all. It was junk. Crappy plastic clip, poorly thought out construction, no cant (which isn't a problem if that's what you want, however, I don't want). Usually I find iwb holsters with neutral cant work best either appendix or way back, past 5 o'clock. Neither of those are for me. I prefer somewhere between 3 and 4:30.

The holster arrived and I was impressed with the leather for what I had paid. Remember, this is one of their stocking items, and only costs $30. High Noon bills this holster as being as close to wearing no holster as you can get. I wouldn't go that far, but the leather is thin and supple, with a re-enforcing band around the mouth. I assume the band is there to add strength and maybe comfort. It's not meant to keep the mouth open. The holster is designed to collapse on drawing, using the smallest and slimmest components to keep bulk down.

The clip is extremely strong, I actually had trouble getting it off the first few times I wore it. The clip is also a bit bigger than my 1 3/4 inch belt, which High Noon says is intentional, and allows me to adjust cant even a little more than the 15 degrees the holster has.

All in all I'm very, very pleased with this holster, especially for $29.95. I would have gladly paid more. I'd encourage you guys to try their stuff out before you buy another cheapie Galco or DeSantis generic or something like that. I'm not bashing Galco, just some of their lower end product leaves a lot to be desired.
    The holster was on my doorstep in about 7 days after ordering online.

Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: High Noon Holsters Bare Asset; Affordable Quality

Nice holster for $30!

Rep button malfunction...

I wholeheartedly agree that a stocking item holster from High Noon is usually a much better choice than most off-the-shelf Galco's I have tried over the years...

I had a Nigh-Noon Slide Guard custom made for my G27 when I still owned/carried that gun, and it was a pretty nice holster.

Although one thing I don't care for on High-Noon's holsters, is that even on their custom-built gear, they seem to use a softer cowhide (or maybe it's treated w/ some kind of conditioner) that has more "give" to it than other brands. So while the boning/molding were nicely done, the leather itself seemed disproportionately floppy.

But I digress... That looks like more than one could reasonably ask for in an off-the-shelf clip-on IWB.

Regards,

Bones

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: High Noon Holsters Bare Asset; Affordable Quality

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyBones View Post
    Nice holster for $30!

Rep button malfunction...

I wholeheartedly agree that a stocking item holster from High Noon is usually a much better choice than most off-the-shelf Galco's I have tried over the years...

I had a Nigh-Noon Slide Guard custom made for my G27 when I still owned/carried that gun, and it was a pretty nice holster.

Although one thing I don't care for on High-Noon's holsters, is that even on their custom-built gear, they seem to use a softer cowhide (or maybe it's treated w/ some kind of conditioner) that has more "give" to it than other brands. So while the boning/molding were nicely done, the leather itself seemed disproportionately floppy.

But I digress... That looks like more than one could reasonably ask for in an off-the-shelf clip-on IWB.

Regards,

Bones
    Even though I ideally prefer something other than a metal clip on iwb holsters this one really works. Definitely a great value.

You may very well be right about the leather. This one is pretty soft too.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here