Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    (Lebanon County)

Default Re: Compound Bow or Crossbow? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Chip, at this point you really must get a crossbow if only to piss off the elitist girls. And then post pics of all the deer you got with it.

Well to be honest that was a big reason i got one. I still practice with it every day i get a chance. Its not "rifle season"... you still have to be able to judge distance and have a steady hand.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

(Wyoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    You realize that crossbows have been legal for years for people who were physically unable to shoot a bow due to medical reasons right? ie: disabled / handicapped

what does that tell you about your chosen method of hunting?
    I don't shoot cross bows sir I shoot a Hoyt bow, and I do know about people with medical reasons. My father has been using crossbows for a long time because he has tendinitis in his shoulder.

With as few hunters around now that actually enjoy hunting the stigma is absolutely unnecessary. If crossbows shooters are slobs to people that shoot bow, then people that shoot compound bows are slobs to people that shoot recurve or other wooden bows, and people that shoot bows are slobs to people that use a knife or something like that. If you totally consider on level of difficulty whether they are slobs or not.
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

I don’t see the point in trash talking x-bow hunters……they know they’re trash….J/K

I have very strong feelings about the demise of the archery season. It started with a brief flintlock season, which I was OK with, then it quickly morphed to inlines, then 3 days of rifle now x-bow for the entire 6 weeks. I rest the blame squarely on the PGC.
    They have proven time and time again that they have no respect for the hunters that pay their salaries, or the game animals they are suppose to protect. I would have been willing to give up some of the archery season for x-bows. As the x-bow season begins to catch on more and more I’m sure only the purest of hunters will still be hunting with bows, and IMO they will be the traditional recurve hunters. At this point I see no reason why I shouldn’t go and purchase a cross bow myself….and I just might. If the PGC wants it to be just about money then screw it.

At least they haven’t fucked with flintlock….yet.

Again I hold no animosity toward x-bow hunters. They are pursuing a sport which is 100% legal.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Bradford County)

i guess with the change in laws, it now rests to a "To each their own" thing, personally BOW, being under a temp disability the last 2 years i have not hunted. i just recently learned they changed the requirements for crossbow use to general public.

anyway, as someone stated the enjoyment in bow hunting is the difficulty in it. (if no one has then let me be the first). concealing yourself, getting close enough to make the shot, then to actually be able to make it without detection, makes the game worth it in my opinion.

My first time hunting deer was archery, i was lucky enough to take a doe that year, and to this day i treasure that hunt more then any other deer or other season hunted. (atlest till i get a buckey in archery, then i will have two most treasured hunts with bows). I was soooo hooked at the time, i was planing out an African hunt and trying to increase the minimal draw weight required for it.

My opinion, unless you have a handicap stick with a bow over a cross bow. and to be honest most handicapped hunters could use a bow without issues anyway.

(Allegheny County)

Well its legal to hunt with a crossbow but outside of injury or some other handicap i'd never be caught in the woods with one, it would be a little embarrassing.I mean every time I see a hunter with a crossbow I think heres a guy thats not good enough to shoot a bow.Its kinda like archery hunting with training wheels.But hey if you don't mind being viewed that way I don't mind either.

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by blushark563307 View Post
    Well its legal to hunt with a crossbow but outside of injury or some other handicap i'd never be caught in the woods with one, it would be a little embarrassing.I mean every time I see a hunter with a crossbow I think heres a guy thats not good enough to shoot a bow.Its kinda like archery hunting with training wheels.But hey if you don't mind being viewed that way I don't mind either.
    Compound Bows have training wheels. They are called pulleys. If you use a compound bow, are you embarrassed to be seen in the woods with something that has training wheels.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(York County)

what ever one you want. to each his own. i do the compound bow thing. some people look down on any method other than the long bow. i see it another way, if it's leagal and gets new people out shooting/hunting i am all for it. kinda like if you don't have a matthews(insert bow of choice)you have a piece of S***t bow. what?? the elite attudues only divide us. i don't understand why anyone would be against it. we need to grow the number hunters and if brings just one person into the sport why not? good luck next season

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by forddave View Post
    what ever one you want. to each his own. i do the compound bow thing. some people look down on any method other than the long bow. i see it another way, if it's leagal and gets new people out shooting/hunting i am all for it. kinda like if you don't have a matthews(insert bow of choice)you have a piece of S***t bow. what?? the elite attudues only divide us. i don't understand why anyone would be against it. we need to grow the number hunters and if brings just one person into the sport why not? good luck next season
    Why wait until next season. Spring Turkey is almost here.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Clinton County)

We have beat this subject into the ground it is time to talk turkey!!

(Lebanon County)

I'm going turkey hunting for the first time this year! anybody wanna teach my newbie ass?!
    si vis pacem, para bellum

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast