Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 186 of 222 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Went to breakfast at the local diner this past weekend. The Girl Scouts were set up in the vestibule, and when we walked in, I was fully intent on buying some cookies on the way out, and told them so.

Half an hour later, I made good in said intent. My little girl, who beat me out into the vestibule so she could check out the crane game, later told me their father had said, "Oh, here comes the man with the gun."

As I fiddled with my cash, he says, "So the girls are really curious - are you a police officer?"
    "No, but I am a firefighter." This drew a resounding, "ooohhhhh," from both little girls and their father. "That doesn't have anything to do with me carrying a firearm, though. Sweetie," I said as I turned to my little girl, who was still gawking at the prizes in the claw machines, "why do I carry all the time?
    Proudly, she turned towards us, tearing her eyes away from some stuffed animal in the glass cube. "To keep me and mommy safe from bad guys."
    Another resounding "ooohhhhhh."
    Junior

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Proudly, she turned towards us, tearing her eyes away from some stuffed animal in the glass cube. "To keep me and mommy safe from bad guys."
    You, sir, are a god...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ViperGTS19801 again.

got him for ya sgt.k
    but seriously... viper encounters more people in a week than i speak to in a year. lord you're in a completely different world down there.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Delaware County)

Today, I stopped in at my dentist for some minor work. When I took off my sweater, I unconcealed, and halfway through my procedure, I had a chance to take a break and sit up. When I did so, the dental assistant remarked,

"Wow, now I REALLy feel safe with you here. Hey doc, look - he's packin'!"

They both got a kick out of it. Turns out, my dentist carries a Glock 19 on the regular, and has her LTCF. A little while later, her assistant came back in and mentioned that a couple of guys had come walking up from downstairs to "look for a receptionist" and were obviously not there for any legitimate business, and she felt much more confident in telling them to bugger off knowing that I was just int he other room. We chatted about LTCFs and calibers briefly before finishing the work on my choppers.

Then, I stopped to get my hair cut over at Holiday Hair. When I sat down, my stylist noticed my 1911, and asked if it was for work. She, like the dental assistant, expressed that she feels much better seeing it there, in a holster and out in the open, since she knows who has it, as opposed to shifty looking folks who keep their hands in their pockets.

So, today was a triple positive!
    Junior

(York County)

Today, I stopped in at my dentist for some minor work. When I took off my sweater, I unconcealed, and halfway through my procedure, I had a chance to take a break and sit up. When I did so, the dental assistant remarked,

They both got a kick out of it. Turns out, my dentist carries a Glock 19 on the regular, and has her LTCF. A little while later, her assistant came back in and mentioned that a couple of guys had come walking up from downstairs to "look for a receptionist" and were obviously not there for any legitimate business, and she felt much more confident in telling them to bugger off knowing that I was just int he other room. We chatted about LTCFs and calibers briefly before finishing the work on my choppers.

Then, I stopped to get my hair cut over at Holiday Hair. When I sat down, my stylist noticed my 1911, and asked if it was for work. She, like the dental assistant, expressed that she feels much better seeing it there, in a holster and out in the open, since she knows who has it, as opposed to shifty looking folks who keep their hands in their pockets.

I normally CC, via jeans and a tucked-in t-shirt, IWB holster at 6:00 and a loose overshirt.

But I'm not a bit shy about taking off the overshirt when warranted (e.g. anything from dentist visit to going to a restaurant that's a bit warm...)

99% of the time, I don't hear a thing. When I do, I've honestly never had anything but generally-positive comments. Either a neutral question about why I'm carrying, or expressions of 'feeling safer' that I'm around.

In the former case, I normally say "my business requires me to often go around with large amounts of cash" and generally get a at least a positive "oh, okay." type response or some relevant questions, which I'm fine with. I've probably sent a few dozen folks off to get their LTCF over the years that way. I know I shouldn't -have- to justify it, but having a 'rationale' does seem to calm folks, make them feel it's "okay," and open dialog.

I'm rarely questioned about the 'legalities' of carrying. On those occasions, I just try to keep it simple and say "Almost anyone in PA can carry a gun openly, but you need a license to carry a concealed gun, which I have because of my business..."

My favorite is the owner of a local Pakistani restaurant who after seeing my gun and a conversation about PA carry law (and being robbed a couple times), started OC'ing at the restaurant and just happened to take down his Paki flag and put up the Stars 'n Stripes instead. Note to snowflakes: he's a Muslim, a legal immigrant and recently a citizen too: a man whom I welcome to our country and who in his first election voted Trump! Funny how "small business owner" unifies more than much else, eh? I proudly went with him to get his LTCF a few weeks ago, and was one of his (unconstitutional) local references even.

I can literally recall <5 times I was ever confronted by someone truly anti-gun or genuinely "scared" of guns. I know others here have had different experiences, but I've NEVER had to do more than calmly explain.

Most of the folks at places I frequent have figured out I carry and don't have a problem. In fact, last year the clerk at the Turkey Hill where I get my morning coffee asked if I'd "hang out a few minutes" until a sketchy-looking guy went on his way...

I have a friend who is a convicted felon (felony DUI years ago when he was young and stupid: he served his time and reformed his life since: a fine fellow whom I'd endorse being allowed to carry any day) and when he saw the gun said "please keep it covered when you're around me, I don't want any trouble" and I have since respected his wishes.

Sorry it's not more 'exciting' than that, but that's my experience.
    DGAF

Must have been a horrible hair cut, you have not gone out in public for a month.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Pike County)

I though guys go to barbers, not stylists.

Although, you shall always maintain appearance for the front page of major regional paper
    Je suis déplorable

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    I though guys go to barbers, not stylists.

Although, you shall always maintain appearance for the front page of major regional paper
    I go to a beauty parlor.

mirrors are for men. i'm cheap and just use a buzzer. 10min every two weeks. $10-25 more for ammo. that and the places i tried around here all sucked.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by CB57 View Post
    I go to a beauty parlor.

Je suis déplorable

Page 186 of 222 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196 ... LastLast