Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 207 of 222 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    My fiance made it quite clear that she doesn't give a crap, lol.
    You got a good one there.

(Berks County)

In my travels yesterday, the girl at the copy center in Staples, as well as the kid behind the counter at Wawa, asked me what I was carrying. There were both very friendly, and genuinely intrested. The girl at Staples has guns of her own, and the guy at wawa was 18.

When I got home, there was a strange vehicle parked in my driveway. I parked on the street and approached cautiously and noted the driver's window was open and the driver was sitting there. I asked, "can I help you?" Turns out, it was only someone that does volunteer work with my fiance, and was stopping by to pick something up that she had left outside in a bin for him. He was very apologetic for parking in the driveway and I assured him it was perfectly fine. I just hadn't known anyone was stopping by that afternoon. Everything seemed fine - he even made a joke about my sign that says "NO TRESSPASSING unless you can run faster than 1250 per second." A little while later, my fiance received a text from him saying that I had freaked him out so badly by open carrying, he will never be coming by the house to pick things up for this organization again. My fiance made it quite clear that she doesn't give a crap, lol.
    Streaker was just asking, "Who leaves their home without their nuts?", there's one example.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    I see the Choconut gets 4 stars, is it really that good?
    I don't think it is.. but there is not much to chose from up here. The Brackney Inn had tasty food and cheap booze but burned down once by a stoned tenant and second by an upset worker rebuilding it.. hope they get it done soon since it is crawling distance from home.

Now good food.. Forksville General Store (FGS) has better hoagies and steak sandwiches than Philadelphia has and I will bet anyone a .22 Mag shell to prove me wrong

Oh and I open carry at FGS and Big Mike, the owner from Philly approves
    Last edited by Parrisk; October 24th, 2018 at 10:09 AM.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Delaware County)

On Friday night (and by "night" I mean I hadn't gone to sleep yet, so technically it was actually Saturday), I was picking up some food from a place called Chicago's at about 1:45 in the morning. This is the type of place, located between Allentown and Bethlehem, that has like four heavily armed dudes wearing plate carriers at the front door, plus a couple other guys in plainclothes that stay inside the club when it's bumpin'. Not my kind of place but their wings were recommended so Operation SuperLateNightWingfest commenced. Anyway, I get there to pick up my grub and I walk right up to one of the bouncers. The lights are on inside and the place is emptying out, only the dregs of the night's festivities are still hanging around.

"Hey man, I'm just picking up food, here's my online order." I showed him the screen of my phone, and he motions towards the front door.
    Just as I step past him, he goes, "Do you have a gun on you or anything?"

If I lie, hoping for a continued smooth night where he just assumes I'm legit and lets me pick up my food, and I don't get what I'm hoping for, he's gonna want to do the pat-down or wand, because that's his job, and I'll be outed as a liar because it's very difficult to hide a five-inch 1911 and a spare mag from a metal detector or person who's looking for it. Besides, honesty is the best policy, right?

"Yes. If you need to have someone from inside bring the food out to me, that's cool, I understand."

He looked at me for a second, thinking. Then, he sucked his teeth playfully and opened the door for me. I followed him into the vestibule, and he opened the second door, then stood back to clear the entrance for me.

"You're just protecting yourself, I ain't gonna fuck with that."

He introduced me to the barkeep, shook my hand and told me to have a great night, then went back up to the vestibule. What a freakin' professional - I might just order there again because of him.

Oh, and the wings were good. Not amazing but better than I expected. At 2am, you don't have a lot of choices, lol.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; October 23rd, 2018 at 02:44 PM.
    Junior

"Yes. If you need to have someone from inside bring the food out to me, that's cool, I understand."

He looked at me for a second, thinking. Then, he sucked his teeth playfully and opened the door for me. I followed him into the vestibule, and he opened the second door, then stood back to clear the entrance for me.

"You're just protecting yourself, I ain't gonna fuck with that."

He introduced me to the barkeep, shook my hand and told me to have a great night, then went back up to the vestibule. What a freakin' professional - I might just order there again because of him.

Oh, and the wings were good. Not amazing but better than I expected. At 2am, you don't have a lot of choices, lol.
    Thats the way it should be. You were picking up food, not trying to tie one on before the last beer hits the bar.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Delaware County)

Today's lesson: never assume anyone is willing to act like a reasonable adult when asked to stop doing something wrong.

Dude on a crotch rocket has been tearing ass around my quiet residential neighborhood the past week or so, popping wheelies and doing 60+mph on 25mph roads. When I tried to politely ask him to stop driving like a maniac, he starts shouting and screaming "are you lost?!" at me before I can even get a word out, and tries to put his hands on me. I back away, he sees my gun, yells for me to "go ahead and shoot" him, then turns and dashes into his house. Figuring that he's got in his twisted little head that I'm threatening him and is going to retrieve a weapon of his own, I clear out of there and call 911 - this guys is nucking futs. Before the dispatcher even picks up, here comes Crotchrocket tearing up behind me, screaming, "WHERE YOU GOIN, *****?!?"

So began the first (and hopefully last) car chase I have ever been in. Crotchrocket not only starts following me around the neighborhood at an exceptional rate of speed, but he tries smashing in one of my windows with his fist and gives no regard for anyone but himself. As it turns out, I seem to be a somewhat skilled driver, so I ditched him twice, but he persisted. The whole while I'm telling the dispatcher that this guy is making me fear for my life and if something happens and I can no longer use my car for protection, I WILL shoot this asshat.

Cops roll up, Crotchrocket squeezes between myself and the cruiser at 40+mph and takes off. Crotchrocket's brother shows up - cops talk to us, and they ask him to call his brother to come and talk. Crotchrocket rolls in, still screaming and yelling at me from distance about his "license to conceal" and how I'm "not the only one with a gun" (did I mention this guy is a fucking psycho?) and the cops nearly have to physically restrain him. They pat him down and get him a little more settled (meanwhile I am sitting in my car and the officer just asked me to unholster my pistol and tuck it under the seat or something so I didn't have it on my person).

Long story short, the officer told me to just call 911 if he continues to drive like an a-hole instead of trying to handle it like adults. He asked me if I would mind speaking to the guy's brother, who told me that Crotchrocket "doesn't respond to or use logic" and that I made the right choice by calling the police.

Also, they live two blocks away. Glad I have security cameras.

I totally forgot to go get lunch after all the drama.

Last edited by ViperGTS19801; October 23rd, 2018 at 02:46 PM.
    Junior

(Bucks County)

That sucks.

Hopefully the brother can get some sense into Crotchrocket's thick head before he gets himself Darwined by someone with less sense and restraint than you.

(Delaware County)

Admittedly, when I first tried to talk to him and he starts screaming "ARE YOU LOST" like he think's he's King Turd of Shit Mountain, I knew right off the bat that he wasn't going to be particularly reasonable.
    Junior

Better keep a close eye on your car for a while. He sounds like a nut case. You did the right thing and the cops saw it. Who was the P.D. that responded?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Warren County)

If you don't have a gopro for on-body recording, it might be time.

Terroristic threats are a crime in PA, as is 65 in a 25 zone.

Good luck with the idiot.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 207 of 222 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast