Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Viper's OC log

Threaded View

(Delaware County)

Default Viper's OC log

I had one of these a while ago, but with the hubub surrounding all the negative encounters lately, I wanted to make sure to show how rare they actually are.

Disclaimer: please keep in mind - I do not OC for attention. I OC because it's most comfortable for me, because I appreciate the deterrent factor, and because it's an excellent icebreaker for those who would like to learn more about firearms and the laws surrounding them but don't know who to ask.

Also, most importantly, I value my ability to defend myself and my family.

INDEX

Other Relevant Threads:

April 9th, 2011

Yesterday, my girlfriend and I spent a large part of the day out. We got breakfast at a local diner (the same one I was questioned by the police at the month after I started carrying) and I did notice a few looks from patrons - most of them appeared to be "Is that a real gun?" rather than "OMG he has a gun!!1!" The owner came by and said hello, but didn't mention it and was rather pleasant.

We went to an arts and crafts place where one of my friends works, and I started painting a big clay dragon. The place was full of kids and their parents, as there were three birthday parties scheduled that day. No one said a word, the cops weren't called, and I happily painted half of my dragon before I got too cross-eyed to continue and needed to put it off til next time. A few of the parents and at least one 5 year old saw it, but none seemed too bothered.

While standing outside on the sidewalk of the strip mall with my friend (she needed a smoke break), I stood with my back to the big concrete pillar that supports the overhang. Since it was the first really beautiful Saturday of the season, EVERYONE was out - and I did get a few looks. No one said anything, but a few cute girls had googly-eyes and a few white "gangster" types got very green as they looked me over.

Afterwards, we went to WalMart to pick up a few things, including some extra .40 ammo for our upcoming range trip. Not a single word was said to me and no one seemed to notice, not even the clerk at the ammo counter who engaged us in a conversation for a few minutes - very nice guy, he was.

--end of log entry--
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; April 2nd, 2020 at 01:29 PM.