This morning, I paid some much needed attention to my car's windows. While working on the driver's side, the husband of my anti-gun neighbor who thinks the Gadsden flag is racist was on a walk about the neighborhood. He smiled and nodded my way and I nodded back, and after a few more paces, he decided he wanted to point out some irony. He stopped, turned on his heels, and came back in my direction. From across the street, he called out to me.

"I'm glad you have all those guns now, you might have to defend the whole block for us!"

I looked up, smiled and nodded again, and went back to the task at-hand, grinning to myself. I couldn't help but chuckle internally at his audacity, and my own fortune for having the pleasure of actually hearing this expressed directly to me. He drastically over-estimates his position on my list of priorities - and local allies. I don't think he knows how many of his neighbors also own firearms and carry regularly, or the fact that online memes refer to his house as a grocery store.

After a couple seconds of continuing to wipe the windows, I glanced up and he was still looking over at me, with an anticipatory look on his face. He didn't just want to express himself, he wanted a dialogue. Okay.

"Funny how that works, huh?"
"Yeah, heheheh...nobody's, uh -"
"I seemed a little weird before, but now, you're looking at my house going, 'hey that's the place we want to be near.'" I couldn't help but let a little sneer slide into my voice.
"I'm sorry, but you're right - I have to say, you were right all along."

We exchanged additional pleasantries and he let us know that they are doing well in terms of health and keeping busy. Good to know.