Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 195 of 222 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

Default Re: Viper's OC log

I once had a guy say "Hey, you know your pistol is cocked!!!!" I said "Good God! Don't stare at it!!!! It'll go off!!!"

(Delaware County)

I was loitering outside a Wawa at 1am this morning (the manager likes when I loiter - he says it helps prevent shoplifting, and he feeds me free coffee) when an exiting patron saw me, stopped, and asked me if open carry was legal.

"No, I am trying to get myself arrested," I replied.

I let him stew in that one for a few seconds before I told him I was joking.
    Junior

(Northampton County)

You are getting cop coffee and having people ask you if OC is legal in my general neighborhood? I have been doing something wrong for a long time.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Delaware County)

Dropped the lady's car off for some body work this morning and perused the little community yard sale off of Lehigh Street.

The first vendor I came to was selling a quick draw holster for a .38 or .44 revolver, but had no firearm to go with it.
    The second vendor asked me if I didn't have my "concealed permit," to which I told him that I did in fact have my license to carry, but didn't need it to open carry. He lifted up his t-shirt and tucked the hem behind his holstered pistol. "So I can carry like this if I want to?" Yessir, you can, if you feel like it. "Well if you're in a restaurant and someone comes in to rob the place blah blah you're the first target blah blah mouthvomit." A common misconception, sir, as it doesn't happen. "Well that's what I think will happen." So keep carrying concealed.
    Another vendor came over to tell me how scary I was with my gun all hangin' out all over the place. There's nothing scary about me at all, sir...unless you threaten my lady here.
    A fourth asked me if I thought I was going to get shot in Allentown. No, never. Not here. Impossible.
    Junior

(Monroe County)

I'll be rather annoyed if I run into a LV/Pocono OCer and he isn't you.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 302w View Post
    I'll be rather annoyed if I run into a LV/Pocono OCer and he isn't you.
    Oh, it's not such a great time. He can be a large Richard.

Oh, hey! Viper, buddy, long time no see...

(Delaware County)

Diiiick dick dick dick.

I saw another OCer at Lowes the other day. I happened to NOT be OCing at the time (SHOCKER!), and I left the guy alone. Besides, he had like three spare mags and a thing of mace...I didn't want to bother him in case he was on a deadline to go save Gotham City.
    Junior

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Diiiick dick dick dick.
    Yup, feelin' the love...

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Yup, feelin' the love...
    <3

I was outside the big Wawa in Bethlehem the other evening, putzing with my phone and drinking a coffee. The Bethlehem PD officers went into the store in sequence. The second one came out after a bit (the first one had already left and didn't say a word aside from hello) and asked me what I was carrying. I took the opportunity to nerd out and tell him about my autographed 1911, which is why I was carrying the Glock. I kept him on his heels with fanboy chat for most of it, but at some point, he slipped in a, "so, you're just, open carry? I don't blame you, wanting to be strapped at night." That made me chuckle, since it's not just an at night thing, but I wasn't interested in getting into it.

Several other customers to the store had questions, and I chatted with a pair who were super excited to hear about getting your LTCF here in PA.
    Junior

(Delaware County)

For those who haven't heard yet, my 1911 was autographed by Michael Cudlitz, the guy who plays Abraham in The Walking Dead and Officer John Cooper in Southland. As such, it has been retired as my EDC until such time as I can take it back to my buddy at Scorpion High Performance Coatings for a fresh coat of clear, to protect the paint and signature.

22096171_1523161654403551_7108452796810607769_o.jpg

As such, my 3rd gen Glock 23 has again become my EDC. A while back, I played chemist with the barrel, using white vinegar to strip the black coating from the metal and give it a more contrasty look. I never intend to sell, trade, or get rid of either of these pistols in any way, so I am free to customize the hell out of them both. After doing some thinking on it, I decided to take the "stripped to the metal" look a step further.

Glock23.jpg

At some point in the future, I'll strip it back down again and bathe it one more time, to get whatever remnants of the black coating remain. I found a nice leather holster over at Heritage Guild, and I will be filling the etching along the slide with red acrylic when I get around to it.
    Junior

Page 195 of 222 FirstFirst ... 95145185191192193194195196197198199205 ... LastLast