Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 214 of 222 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Delaware County)

Default My anti-gun neighbor's husband apologized to me today

This morning, I paid some much needed attention to my car's windows. While working on the driver's side, the husband of my anti-gun neighbor who thinks the Gadsden flag is racist was on a walk about the neighborhood. He smiled and nodded my way and I nodded back, and after a few more paces, he decided he wanted to point out some irony. He stopped, turned on his heels, and came back in my direction. From across the street, he called out to me.

"I'm glad you have all those guns now, you might have to defend the whole block for us!"

I looked up, smiled and nodded again, and went back to the task at-hand, grinning to myself. I couldn't help but chuckle internally at his audacity, and my own fortune for having the pleasure of actually hearing this expressed directly to me. He drastically over-estimates his position on my list of priorities - and local allies. I don't think he knows how many of his neighbors also own firearms and carry regularly, or the fact that online memes refer to his house as a grocery store.

After a couple seconds of continuing to wipe the windows, I glanced up and he was still looking over at me, with an anticipatory look on his face. He didn't just want to express himself, he wanted a dialogue. Okay.

"Funny how that works, huh?"
    "Yeah, heheheh...nobody's, uh -"
    "I seemed a little weird before, but now, you're looking at my house going, 'hey that's the place we want to be near.'" I couldn't help but let a little sneer slide into my voice.
    "I'm sorry, but you're right - I have to say, you were right all along."

We exchanged additional pleasantries and he let us know that they are doing well in terms of health and keeping busy. Good to know.
    Junior

(Bucks County)

Default Re: My anti-gun neighbor's husband apologized to me today

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    This morning, I paid some much needed attention to my car's windows. While working on the driver's side, the husband of my anti-gun neighbor who thinks the Gadsden flag is racist was on a walk about the neighborhood. He smiled and nodded my way and I nodded back, and after a few more paces, he decided he wanted to point out some irony. He stopped, turned on his heels, and came back in my direction. From across the street, he called out to me.

"I'm glad you have all those guns now, you might have to defend the whole block for us!"

I looked up, smiled and nodded again, and went back to the task at-hand, grinning to myself. I couldn't help but chuckle internally at his audacity, and my own fortune for having the pleasure of actually hearing this expressed directly to me. He drastically over-estimates his position on my list of priorities - and local allies. I don't think he knows how many of his neighbors also own firearms and carry regularly, or the fact that online memes refer to his house as a grocery store.

After a couple seconds of continuing to wipe the windows, I glanced up and he was still looking over at me, with an anticipatory look on his face. He didn't just want to express himself, he wanted a dialogue. Okay.

"I seemed a little weird before, but now, you're looking at my house going, 'hey that's the place we want to be near.'" I couldn't help but let a little sneer slide into my voice.

We exchanged additional pleasantries and he let us know that they are doing well in terms of health and keeping busy. Good to know.
    Every person who said they are coming to my house due to me having guns I told them, "i'll pile you up in the front yard with everyone else who said that."
    Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise

(Montgomery County)

I'd say pretty darn positive. The sheep woke up, at least a little bit, and acknowledged the reality of the world we live in. It's a start.

Next time you speak offer to talk through a gun purchase if he's interested.

(Lancaster County)

Could have asked him why you should bother protecting him and his family when he voted to remove your right to do so.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

The guy may be thinking about becoming a gun owner. Next time ask him if he has thought about buying a gun? If he says yes, maybe you can enlighten him. Turn him into a gun owner and a Republican. While some of your interactions may have been very negative, never miss an opportunity to turn him. Remember how we met, and your distrust of cops?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

And offer him some t/p.

(Dauphin County)

Very positive interaction. Don't know your history with him but he admitted he was wrong all along. Let bygones by bygone. Move forward. If we gain another vote, where is the negative?

Best news ive read in over a month

(Montgomery County)

I’ve had more than one person ask about getting their first gun.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    The guy may be thinking about becoming a gun owner. Next time ask him if he has thought about buying a gun? If he says yes, maybe you can enlighten him. Turn him into a gun owner and a Republican. While some of your interactions may have been very negative, never miss an opportunity to turn him. Remember how we met, and your distrust of cops?
    This guy with his good ideas.
    Junior

Page 214 of 222 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215216217218 ... LastLast