Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 222 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Viper's OC log

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Blackhawk! always. Love this damn thing. And yes, I wear it while driving - it sits firmly by my leg and causes no miscomfort at all.

Also...

Well I have seen it all now.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I don't know, actually...I haven't tried. I will give it a try this weekend.

Don't think it's realistic without contorting your body, especially in the driver's seat. Being more comfortable is not an endorsement for employing such a device, especially in a tactical situation, but, it is your choice, so be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Allegheny County)

Talking Re: Viper's OC log

So where are the Halloween costume pics?

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Don't think it's realistic without contorting your body, especially in the driver's seat. Being more comfortable is not an endorsement for employing such a device, especially in a tactical situation, but, it is your choice, so be safe.
    It's actually not as bad as you might think. I wore the drop leg this past Sunday when I went to visit my mom and help her out around the house, and while parked, I experimented with the kind of draw you asked about. With the slightly smaller-than-standard G23, it's not too bad - I just have to lift my shoulder a couple of inches to get the clearance, and I can't get a good combat grip until I clear the holster, but it's significantly less movement than if I were to try and draw from a left-handed hip holster with the same or any other firearm. I will do a video to show you what I mean, possibly tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirlen View Post
    So where are the Halloween costume pics?
    They're coming! PrettyInPink and I will be going out to Ohio this weekend, and a portion of what we are doing is a post-Halloween costume party. I am putting the finishing touches on my vest this week (just sewing on a few letters on the back to make the UBCS logo...yes I can sew), and I will make sure that finished-product pictures are put up after our party.

On to the weekend's OC activities...

As I mentioned, I wore the drop-leg holster this past Sunday. I wasn't planning on being outside much, and the bit of time I did spend out - walking her dogs, picking up boxes from the store - resulted in little other than a few surprised or inquisitive looks from a few passers-by.

There were two interactions of note, though. At the Wawa by the intersection of Routes 252 and 1, while in line to pay for a couple of sodas, the girl in line in front of me was crouching to get a pack of gum off the impulse rack. As she stood up, she noticed me there, where I hadn't been before, and her eye caught my thigh holster right away.

"Oooooh...whoa!" I wasn't sure if she just got really excited or not. I smiled. "...what's that for?"
    I wanted so badly to say something disgusting. "Just for protection."
    "Oh! Okay. So you have a permit."
    "Well, you don't need a license to carry openly."
    She looked thoroughly confused. "You mean you can just wake up, strap that on, and go out?" She wasn't being sarcastic, she was genuinely interested in knowing the answer.
    "Yes - Pennsylvania is an 'open carry state' - you do need a license if you want to conceal or take it into a car, though."
    "Wow...how about that."

Later on, after I had gotten to my mom's place, I'd noticed a Comcast subcontractor in the back of the house, working on the lines. Apparently, mom has new neighbors, and they are getting hooked up with internet. About fifteen minutes after I had gone in, I was on my way back out to the car to grab something, and as I opened the front door from the inside of the house, the Comcast guy was just about to reach for the same door from the outside. The outside landing is about half a foot lower than the inside, and the guy was partially crouching to pick up some of his gear when I opened the door. He looked up in surprise, his eyes immediately caught the Glock in the thigh holster against blue camo pants, and his mouth reacted faster than his brain could keep up - "Oh, shit!"

Made me chuckle.

(Delaware County)

I went to the Wawa planning commission meeting last night at the Borough Council Chambers with PrettyInPink last night. For the record, I am in support of putting a super-Wawa at the intersection of Providence Road and Baltimore Avenue.

We got there around 7:05p and found some seats. Right before the meeting got started, a man sitting behind me in a suit and tie leaned over and asked me, "Is the hammer on you gun cocked?" I replied, "Absolutely." He paused for a moment, uncomfortably, as if he were afraid my 1911 were poised to suddenly go on a shooting spree because it was cocked. I considered for a moment letting him be uncomfortable, letting him judge me and wallow in his own ignorance, but I was in a good mood. "The safety is on." You know, in addition to the grip safety and the fact that I'm not a maniacal killer. Relief washed over the man's face as if he'd just let rip a huge fart that he'd been holding in for fear of shitting himself. He sat back down and made no further mention.

During the public comment section of the meeting, I stood up to voice my support, in contrast to all the old ladies who hate the idea of putting a Wawa on that corner and possibly increasing the traffic volume on their side street a quarter mile away by three cars per day. As I stood up, PiP later told me that she heard the woman sitting behind us whisper, "Is he wearing a gun?" No, it's a Labrador Retreiver puppy.

On our way out, an older man, with a grin on his face, asked me what line of work I was in, on account of having seen my weapon.

(Chester County)

Perhaps you could have explained to the Gent that inquired about you hammer being cocked, that if it wasn't that way you'd have to take extra time to do so when it mattered... and you be able to save your life but it would mean you might not get to saving him...
    "A Ship in Harbor is safe, but that's not what ships are for."

Halfway between Here and There, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Interesting about the super Wawa. Can't remember what used to be at that intersection exactly, but I'm kind of surprised they'd put one so close to #6, there by the by-pass, which has always been one of their high-volume stores, unless they may be planning to close it.

Media's a nice place...you're lucky. Would give anything to be able to move back there.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bobcat220 View Post
    Interesting about the super Wawa. Can't remember what used to be at that intersection exactly, but I'm kind of surprised they'd put one so close to #6, there by the by-pass, which has always been one of their high-volume stores, unless they may be planning to close it.

Media's a nice place...you're lucky. Would give anything to be able to move back there.
    If the SuperWawa at Baltimore Avenue moves forward, there will be no plans to close #6. It's right at a major junction, and over 76% of the traffic going into a Wawa is traffic that was already on that road, so since it's right up against Route 1 and 252, the business there will be largely unaffected.

(Delaware County)

Yesterday after work, I cruised up to the Lehigh Valley to meet with PrettyInPink and her daughter to have some epic family time. We went to this AWESOME Hibachi place of of Cedar Crest Road, and the guy who took care of us was phenominal. He actually made a thoroughly entertaining show of it!

Anyway, I was OCing the 1911 as usual, and no one had really said anything or given me any strange looks, aside from the manager of the place seeming to be a little unsure, although he appeared to settle in as the hour wore on. Our chef was joking around with PiP's daughter a lot, and making fun of the other group of people across the table. At one point, he made reference to my firearm, and I was surprised he had even noticed it.

"Ohhh, Daddy's got a 9mm Glock..." he started, and I felt the twinge of urge to correct him. "...but I got a butcher's knife!" He smiled and held up his blade.

I was surprised he had noticed. "Pretty sharp eye," I said to PiP.

He burst out, "Like a knife!"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marinevet26 View Post
    Well I have seen it all now.
    LOL If a gun forum could create a person I think this would be close to the end result. I say close because to make it perfect he would need to gain 50 lbs and get rid of the gf.

Page 9 of 222 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast