Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 176 of 222 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    When the conversation is about guns, you're cutting it pretty thin when giving out advice, if that's what he meant.
    I will admit I wasn't present for the quoted conversation, but I've sat at the same table to eat with him before and followed his comings and goings here for over 3½ years. If I'm wrong about his meaning, he'll correct me.

(Delaware County)

Roy has a point. The way I paraphrased the conversation in my recounting of the conversation would appear misleading. However, I can assure you that the real-time context of the conversation wasn't lacking in it's specificity or accuracy. Although, I do appreciate your keeping me on my toes - I will remember this the next time I have a conversation with someone, and when I retell such encounters here. Thanks!

Hey, Sgt. K...meet me out back of the diner at our usual time...I believe I owe you a happy ending...LOL!!
    Junior

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Hey, Sgt. K...meet me out back of the diner at our usual time...I believe I owe you a happy ending...LOL!!
    You got your settlement from the city and I got my apology letter from SEPTA PD. That's all the happy endings I can handle right now.

Appreciate the offer, though...

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    He didn't say "deadly force" on your property...

I have a friend a couple blocks away that had his garage broken into twice. He said now that he has his LTCF the next time he was going to shoot the bastards. I explained to him you can't used deadly force to protect property. Only in the case to prevent great bodily injury or death. So don't do that or you will be charged and most likely convicted. He that that sux but he understood. A few nights later thay caught the teen druggies doing the break-ins. I didn't hear what happened to the two near-do-wells. I hope it was nothing pleasant.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Royinmontco View Post
    You said house, right? I'm pretty sure "property" isn't good enough.....
    Please look up the laws yourself, but it is your home and contiguous improvements. Of course, also applies to people threating you with a weapon, and even outside of Castle Doctrine you still have the right to self defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    So I stopped into the local hardware store to get some ten-foot chunks of 2"x6" pressure-treated lumber (they fit right on the roof rack of the Jeep Compass), and John's there talking to the regional U-Haul representative.

He sees me and pipes up, "You got your gun, right?" This gets the U-Haul rep's attention. Me? I'm OCing, as usual, and John knows it. "Let me borrow it, I want to shoot this guy." "I don't think so," I responded.
    "Well," he counters, "how 'bout you shoot him for me?" To which I replied, "Nope, too much paperwork involved."

We all laughed, and then got the lumber on top of the car. Outside John complained to my wife how I wouldn't shoot someone for him, to which she responded, "And now you know why he carries that thing instead of me."

A fun time was had by all.
    I told this one before. I was at a Sears with a revolver in a $100 brown leather holster (very obvious). I ended up with three older employees around me once we started talking, and the second one asked, "What, you plan on shooting somebody?"

I responded, "Why, you have somebody in mind?"

Employee #3: "Yeah, my wife."

LOL
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Lancaster County)

I'm usually the funny man but I hate when people ask me to shoot someone. Like I'd do it for no charge. It's as if they don't understand how these things work

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I'm usually the funny man but I hate when people ask me to shoot someone. Like I'd do it for no charge. It's as if they don't understand how these things work
    Well that didn't go where I expected. It was like a three-sentence version of a garden path sentence. (Garden path paragraph?)
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Delaware County)

Funny you mention that, twency - I hit someone with this this afternoon before I came in and read your post.

Walking through Kutztown around lunch today, a guy was at his table with Hilary Clinton campaign swag and asked me as I walked by, "Are you registered to vote?"

"Absolutely not for Hillary," I replied, emphasizing the first word and grinning when his initial smile faded into a look of disappointment.
    Junior

(Lackawanna County)

Maybe he was taking a stroke, I hear that's been happening a lot in that campaign . . .

Funny you mention that, twency - I hit someone with this this afternoon before I came in and read your post.

Walking through Kutztown around lunch today, a guy was at his table with Hilary Clinton campaign swag and asked me as I walked by, "Are you registered to vote?"

"Absolutely not for Hillary," I replied, emphasizing the first word and grinning when his initial smile faded into a look of disappointment.

(Juniata County)

Obviously you need to stay OCing a mares leg. You glock or 1911 must be damned near invisible he if thought you were voting for her.

I well pay for the laser engraving of the names of every one of your court cases on the mares leg.

Clearly this would look best on a brass one.

image.jpg
    Last edited by PAMedic=F|A=; September 13th, 2016 at 03:57 PM.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 176 of 222 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast