Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 153 of 222 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    "You know what I found out on Blue Bloods the other night? Firefighters and police don't get along very well." He grinned, self-content.
    "Wanna know another secret? My chief is a cop...so you're wrong again."
    Have you ever been to a PFD .VS. PPD Hocky game? I beg to differ!
    People always ask me why i never smile.
    I TELL THEM IT'S BECAUSE MY CORPSE IS STILL BREATHING AND THEY DON'T FUCKING GET IT!

(Philadelphia County)

The manager looked back at me. "You know what I found out on Blue Bloods the other night? Firefighters and police don't get along very well." [/B]
    While some FDNY Companies have been showing support for the NYPD Officers who have been killed with items on their apparatus, they still fight like cats and dogs up in NYC.

(Delaware County)

I stopped in the Wawa at Route 1 and Providence Road this afternoon for a pickmeup. The guy who got in line behind me with three cups of coffee said, "Gotta love that open carry."
    "Absolutely. This is much better than trying to jam it between my waist and hip."
    "I'm a police officer with Upper Providence - and I wish more people carried like that. If every third person had a gun on their hip, we'd have a lot less problems with our society."
    "Agreed. That's the whole point to why I do it."
    "I love when people call in. 'There's a man walking down the street with a gun!' Okay. Is he doing anything suspicious? '...But he has a gun!' ...Okay."

Turns out, he's a 31 year veteran in the rank of Sergeant. We shook hands, and I bought his coffee. Really nice guy.
    Junior

(Lancaster County)

I had a guy in line say " Oh wow open carry"! I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet and was a little grumpy. I just said "yep" and on my way.
    So much for me making a good impression for gun owners. I wasn't sure if he was supportive, a smartass or just neutrally surprised. I didn't ask if he "Ever heard of the Constitution M*therF*cker"? so I guess all wasn't lost.

Still need t shirts with that

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch10mm View Post
    I had a guy in line say " Oh wow open carry"! I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet and was a little grumpy. I just said "yep" and on my way.
    So much for me making a good impression for gun owners. I wasn't sure if he was supportive, a smartass or just neutrally surprised. I didn't ask if he "Ever heard of the Constitution M*therF*cker"? so I guess all wasn't lost.

Still need t shirts with that

Most likely surprised - I've only ever seen one of us in the wild.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Montgomery County)

I stopped in the Wawa at Route 1 and Providence Road this afternoon for a pickmeup. The guy who got in line behind me with three cups of coffee said, "Gotta love that open carry."
    "Absolutely. This is much better than trying to jam it between my waist and hip."
    "I'm a police officer with Upper Providence - and I wish more people carried like that. If every third person had a gun on their hip, we'd have a lot less problems with our society."
    "Agreed. That's the whole point to why I do it."
    "I love when people call in. 'There's a man walking down the street with a gun!' Okay. Is he doing anything suspicious? '...But he has a gun!' ...Okay."

Turns out, he's a 31 year veteran in the rank of Sergeant. We shook hands, and I bought his coffee. Really nice guy.
    This is just fantastic.

(Delaware County)

I went to a local Township Auction up here in the Lehigh Valley yesterday and picked up some neat stuff - a couple police lightbars, a traffic light for the backyard, and some other odds and ends. While there, not twenty minutes after arriving, a gentleman walked over and said, "I didn't know they let you guys carry." He was referring to my fire company sweater.
    "Well, that's just called being an American."
    "Haha, I know, I have my carry permit, too."

Another guy came over towards the end and asked, "What's that big thing on your hip?"
    "It's a gun."
    "Well I know that, but what kind?"
    "This is a Glock 23. I usually rock a 1911 but it's out of service right now."
    "That's a really big pistol, man."
    "Which is why I carry it openly. I'd rather have too much gun than not enough."

Later in the evening at Wawa, the cashier made a similar remark about firefighters carrying pistols. We chatted for a minute or two before another customer came in. He smiled.
    "You know, I was just talking about this with my friend - we were saying how if more people in Paris were allowed to carry, maybe those terrorists wouldn't have gotten as far as they did."
    "You try that shit here, you have to start in a school or theater, and usually can only get about 12 people in before one of them stops you, be it an on or off duty cop, armed citizen, or security guy."
    He was a cool guy, and we talked a while as well.

This morning, the woman who lives on the corner and has been here for many years was walking her dog. She said 'good morning' and I stopped tinkering in my truck to chat.
    "I saw you walking your dog the other day with a gun on your side," she said.
    "Yes ma'am, I carry all the time."
    "That's a good thing to see, especially with these terrorist attacks happening like Paris. What a shame. My husband protects himself, too - but he doesn't have a permit."
    "I can help him with that, if he wants his license."
    "Really?" She seems pretty excited. Maybe I'll hear from her again.
    Junior

(Juniata County)

IS there anything we can do to help get your 1911 back online? \I just don't feel comfortable with you have to depend on plastic.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Delaware County)

A few days ago, on my routine Dunkin stop enroute to work, the fellow behind the counter, who is very friendly, informed me that they were out of bacon.

"WHAT?! How can you not have bacon?? You're killin' me, smalls." I grinned.
    "Awe come on man, don't take it out on me. She told me." He points to the young woman next to him, who is in the process of making a coffee. She was supposed to put the most recent shipment of food stuffs away and had been too busy yet. "So shoot her, not the messenger."
    I got a chuckle out of that comment, considering the obvious. It must not have been THAT obvious, since it wasn't until I laughed at the saying that he took notice of my sidearm. His eyes widened slightly and she grinned a huge grin.
    "Now see, I might have to watch my mouth a little better..."
    "Oh please. Make me a nice hot coffee and we'll call it even."

That was earlier in the week. This morning, while standing in line, he saw me and smiled.
    "What is that, anyway?"
    "My anti-terrorist tool - I've been carrying for about 6 years now, this is just most comfortable."
    "HA! I like that. Although, I was asking what kind it was, not what it was or why you have it. That's a big ol' bucket of not my business."
    "Oh! Now I feel like a derp. This is a Glock, although I usually carry a 1911 - she's out of service right now."
    "Very cool."

People in the Lehigh Valley are way different than in DelCo.
    Junior

That's a big ol' bucket of not my business."
    Wow. I like that guy a lot already.

Page 153 of 222 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast