Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 149 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I don't whine about how hard my job is and I don't remember my fellow soldiers whining either. A lot of people in the world have hard jobs, even extremely dangerous jobs, and don't have a culture of juvenile insecurity that relies on demanding people worship them to get by. No matter where you go, it seems the highest paid, most entitled, in the least danger, most privileged, whine the loudest for praise.
    I think I can safely say that when I was in the Navy. they were not "whiners". On the other hand they did tend to B---- a bit when they got the not so nice work assignments that I handed out.
    USNRET '61-'81

(York County)

"It's not about politics! There's CHILDREN here!"

Ma'am, their were 26 children killed because there wasn't a gun in the hands of a responsible citizen in Newtown, CT. Be thankful that will not happen here today.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by rwilson452 View Post
    I think I can safely say that when I was in the Navy. they were not "whiners". On the other hand they did tend to B---- a bit when they got the not so nice work assignments that I handed out.
    "A bitching Sailor is a happy Sailor!"
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    "It's not about politics! There's CHILDREN here!".
    I'd give her the 'krazy eye' and say, "but God told me to carry my gun today!"
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Montgomery County)

"There has never been a violent crime committed in media?"

I wonder what her respose woulda been...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow View Post
    You haven't read my signature block? I know how hard it is, and the point I was making went totally over your head. When you're standing up defending an organization (in this case the NYPD) saying they are better than you think, then they do something like this, and the poster says how it don't make them look good, a more accurate response would be "Yea, that gives them a good black eye and I hope they learn from it", rather than dig in deeper into trying to defend your position.
    The only problem is that the incident reported in the story is taken out of context. And that number of shots fired by the NYPD in a single incident as of late is an aberration. I defend them because everyone loves to jump on the NYPD, but have no facts, just sensational news stories.

It is a long read but here are the facts as of 2013:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/nypd/downloa...eport_2013.pdf

Some snippets:

One method of judging the Department’s restraint is to compare the number of ID-AC incidents to Department staffing. There were, on average, 35,182 uniformed officers employed by the NYPD in 2013. Of them, only 55 (0.15 percent) intentionally discharged a firearm at a subject.

In 2013, the New York City Police Department saw the smallest number of firearms discharges since the recording of police shootings in the City began. Furthermore, the most serious category of discharges (shootings involving adversarial conflict with a subject) has also seen a steep decline, down 34 percent since 2003. In a city of 8.3 million people, from a Department of approximately 35,000 officers, 55 officers were involved in 40 incidents of intentional firearms discharges during an adversarial conflict, with 17 subjects injured and eight killed. The figures are a testament to police officers’ restraint, diligence, and honorable performance of duty. But they also show that, over the past four decades, attacks on both police and citizens have steadily declined. The drastic reduction in violent crime over the past two decades is sociologically reflexive: as crime decreases, criminals and police enter into conflict less often.

There were 40 incidents of intentional firearms discharge during adversarial conflict (ID-AC) in 2013, an 11 percent decrease from 2012. A total of 55 officers intentionally fired their weapons during these incidents, down eight percent from 2012. Thirty-nine known subjects were involved in ID-AC incidents, and one incident involved an unknown number of subjects. Twenty-five subjects were shot in 2013, a 17 percent decrease from 2012. Although there was a 21 percent increase in the number of subjects injured by police gunfire, there was a 50 percent decrease in the number of subjects shot and killed. Three officers were shot and injured by criminals in 2013, down from 13 in 2012. Two of the three injured officers were shot within the category of adversarial conflict, both during the same incident; one of these officers was saved by his bullet-resistant vest. The other shooting occurred when a criminal managed to get control of an officer’s firearm and shot and injured his partner with it; this shooting falls within the Unauthorized Discharge category (Part V of this report). No officer was struck by crossfire in 2013, nor was any officer killed during an ID-AC incident. On seven occasions, officers intervened in attacks on civilians (three in stabbings, three in firearms attacks, and one in an attack with a metal chain). Six times officers interrupted subjects who were firing indiscriminately into the air

Officers fired a total of 162 rounds during ID-AC incidents in 2013, a decrease of 51 percent from 2012, when 331 rounds were fired. The majority of officers fired five or fewer rounds (86 percent). The most common number of rounds fired was one (44 percent). No officer fired more than 16 times, or was required to reload their firearm during an incident. See Figure 2.10. Restraint is also apparent when analyzing the number of shots fired per ID-AC incident. The most common number of rounds fired per ID-AC incident was also one (47 percent); this includes two fatal shootings in which only one round was fired. The most rounds fired during any incident was 17.

So as to not derail this thread, continue here: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.ph...39#post3130439
    Last edited by Carson; September 14th, 2015 at 02:58 PM.

(Bucks County)

But there are children here?

Exactly. They need my help protecting them more than anybody else!

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    "It's not about politics! There's CHILDREN here!"

Ma'am, their were 26 children killed because there wasn't a gun in the hands of a responsible citizen in Newtown, CT. Be thankful that will not happen here today.
    20 children, 6 adults. ;-)
    "The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we're all damaged."JeanLucPicard

(Lackawanna County)

Gentlemen, please, Viper's OC log.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Delaware County)

Another day, another discussion. I took Barrett out for a walk yesterday and was chatting with my local groomer (for me, not the dog), when a woman came out of the shop. She stopped and asked me about all my accouterments - keep calm, kill zombies T shirt, multitool, mag, flashlight, cell phone, pistol.

"You're ready for anything!"
    "Not quite, but I do my best."
    "So...why the gun?"
    "Why not?"
    "..."
    "I'd rather have it and not need it."

We had a short discussion about things like how certain areas are safer than others until someone goes off the deep end, and she was really nice.
    Junior

Page 149 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159199 ... LastLast