Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 147 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Butler County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Cops everywhere are getting shot left & right , thrown over guardrails , can't say I blame them for being a bit nervous seeing someone they don't know with firearm these days.
    I can. Whether they know the person or not has absolutely zero bearing on the threat a person presents. Open carriers don't generally shoot people.

If a cop is nervous around openly carried firearms, they owe it to themselves and more importantly to the citizenry to find another job.

(Juniata County)

Last night was he first night of the Juniata County fair. Had the boys, walked around and chatting with some folks be not seen in a while.

Can't say anyone mentioned my firearm, or even hat I know I got a look because of it. New company doing the rides, the are pretty nice actually & have a better selection of adult rides.

Worth checking out if you are in the area. The artwork & canned goods look outstanding.

After church we stopped to get milk. A younger man (20ish) commented approvingly on the OC.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Luzerne County)

Cops everywhere are getting shot left & right , thrown over guardrails , can't say I blame them for being a bit nervous seeing someone they don't know with firearm these days.
    What was their excuse last year?
    The year before that ?
    The year before that?
    and so on.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    I can. Whether they know the person or not has absolutely zero bearing on the threat a person presents. Open carriers don't generally shoot people.

If a cop is nervous around openly carried firearms, they owe it to themselves and more importantly to the citizenry to find another job.
    Simple question. Have you ever seen or know of someone who carries that you are leery of their skills, knowledge and/or practices ?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Simple question. Have you ever seen or know of someone who carries that you are leery of their skills, knowledge and/or practices ?
    Yea, the PPD.

(Butler County)

Yes. The practices almost every non-state police department in the state and most large municipal departments nationally (thinking of you NYPD) scare the living bejesus out of me with sheer incompetence in their handling of firearms. The statistics (in terms of number of rounds expended versus hit, innocent bystanders and non-criminal actors shot, etc) give rise to this.

Anything else you want to know?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post
    Yea, the PPD.
    All kidding aside, you are somewhat correct. There are many who I am leery of. Listening to some of the range instructors story's, I should consider wearing my vest during qualifications.

(Chester County)

Even though statistics show the number of cops killed by firearms are lower this year than last? Media sensationalism does not equal real life.
    Ignorance is bliss!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    Yes. The practices almost every non-state police department in the state and most large municipal departments nationally (thinking of you NYPD) scare the living bejesus out of me with sheer incompetence in their handling of firearms. The statistics (in terms of number of rounds expended versus hit, innocent bystanders and non-criminal actors shot, etc) give rise to this.

Anything else you want to know?
    I haven't seen the firearms handling/skills of every active Philadelphia Police Officer, so I know you don't have the same knowledge of every NYPD officer.

So how about a less dramatic and realistic answer. There are no non-sworn firearms carriers that you would question their skills and handling of firearms?

(Juniata County)

I haven't seen the firearms handling/skills of every active Philadelphia Police Officer, so I know you don't have the same knowledge of every NYPD officer.

So how about a less dramatic and realistic answer. There are no non-sworn firearms carriers that you would question their skills and handling of firearms?
    Not including the military?

No. Although I've no idea how often my pastor shoots. Hard to judge people in sweater vests. Mr. Rogers a stone killer.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 147 of 222 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast