Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 222 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by murph1068 View Post
    Jarhead, I was LOL, Thankyou for your service.
    I was "LOL" as I quite possibly permanently put you in the red. We don't support trolls here. Good day to you.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarhead6468 View Post
    Maybe this will help:

Wow ... a young girl at WAWA, making a man fart (almost shitting his pants), an old lady asking "Is he wearing a gun ?, the cable guy seeing you in blue cammies and a hip holster saying, "Oh shit !" ..... how cute. Dressing up like a combat Marine, bravely walking the streets of the suburbs ..... such terrific stories, but let's admit that on the 'excitement scale' your log needs much more 'panache'.
    Accordingly, I came up with a suggestion to you and the other OC'ers here, who love to thrill us with your 'encounter' stories:

I have been reading most of these 'Open Carry' threads for quite a while, and since you seem to be the "OC Mentor" I have a suggestion for you. However this suggestion would also be a good idea for most of you OC'ers, since your average age seems to be just right.
    I got this idea when I watched that awesome video of you, modeling your drop leg holster and tactical vest.
    In the spirit of Veterans Day, why don't you walk down to your local Marine Corps recruitig station (OC'ing of course) and enlist ?
    Just think, while in training at Parris Island, you can share all of your encounters and share everything you learned in your deadly 'shoot-out' incidents (that is, naturally if you've had any).
    All though that Taurus 1911 you carry must be top of the line, as well as all of your other 'tactical' equipment, I'm sure the Marine Corps will issue you weapons that just may be as good as an experienced 'operator' like you, prefer.
    Not only will this allow you to OC in exotic places like Afghanistan, you can also now brag that you now (FINALLY) did your part to protect the U.S. Constitution, that you and your followers, love, quote and have down to memory.
    I always wondered how all the "Constitutionalists" here, have never raised their right hand, swore to protect that sacred document, and put themselves in harm's way, to defend it. I guess there is some excuse .... oh ... I mean explanation.
    Believe me, this will bring your "OC encounters" to new levels of excitement, and you may even get the chance to educate the members of the Taliban and AlQaeda on Pennsylvania Law, and tell them how terribly brutal, ignorant and almost 'Gestapo Like' our local Law Enforcement Officers are here, as opposed to their understanding and sympathetic Sharia Law enforcers in their Muslim country.
    I thought of this helpful suggestion for (especially) you as well as the other OC'ers here, as I recalled my experience OC'ing.
    Of course (since I am 66 years old) it was very long ago, in a tropical paradise called Vietnam. (but I was much younger than you at that time)
    (Use the Google Map to locate this vacation paradise if you are not familliar with it.)
    I OC'd for 12 months and 20 days there, while in the Marine Corps, from May 1967 to June 1968. I especially had several encounters during the infamous "TET Offensive, in a large urban city named "HUE." (Pronounced "Way")
    I am sorry to say, the ignorant people who I did 'encounter' were obviously not familiar with legal 'Open Carry' since all of my encounters were 'negative,' to an extreme. In fact so extreme that they shot and killed 8,000 of us "OC'ing" U.S. troops, in just the next FOUR months.
    These people looked different than me and had assault weapons that were not like mine. But the most intriguing thing about these negative encounters, they were so alarmed at my OC'ing, they shot at me! Not only with their strange rifles but with rocket propelled grenades, 82 mm mortars and even Soviet 122 mm rockets.
    Now you must admit that these encounters would be so much more interesting than your average encounters with teenaged female clerks at your favorite WaWa, or the ninimum waged security guards at your local Malls and Walmarts.
    Just think how much more interesting "Viper19801's" log would be !!!! Especially when you handed out pamphlets of PA Law to them and requested to speak to their supervisor (called 'Village Elders' there). I'd bet your fan club and Youtube viewers would grow by leaps and bounds.
    Of course, I would not suggest that "Pretty in Pink" accompany you during this adventure. But you can place a picture of her inside your helmet, and she can follow your 'Encounter Log' on the nightly news, as I am sure you can still record and video these encounters and send them to all our major news outlets.
    I'll sign off now, while hoping you take my advice and really add some thrill to your log as well as protecting our sacred Constitutional Rights that I so frequently and reverently read, how you and your fellow OC'ers fear, could be lost, unless brave individuals like all of you take a stand to protect them. I am really looking forward to the new and improved "Viper Log."
    Semper Fi !!
    Thank you for the time you've spent serving our country and protecting our freedoms.

As I can't speak for everyone, I'll speak for myself. I don't own any camo gear or dropleg holsters or AK47's but I carry my sidearm everywhere I go. Carrying IWB is uncomfortable for me so I choose to carry OWB. For reasons I don't need to discuss, I choose to also carry visible to everybody.

I'd love to waltz down to the nearest recruitment center and enlist, but I'm afraid the permanent fixtures I have in my hand allowing roughly 75-85% mobility on my dominant hand will disqualify me today the same way they did when I was 18. Instead I went into the workforce, got married and had a kid. I choose to carry now after being blessed with a family, to ensure the preservation of my family.

I think that the reason OC logs exist is to drive awareness. If it weren't for encounter data here, youtube or elsewhere I may never know how to approach various situations until I'm placed into them. Sure, it's not Vietnam or Afghanistan and I hope to never encounter such firefights in the daily walks of my life, but before Uncle Sam sent you there I'm sure he at least tried to make sure you were prepared for some of what you encountered. No question you had to deal with far worse in your day than I likely will ever see. I don't have rockets flying at my face, but I do have judge-jury-executioner citizens and police who will make their life a mission to violate the rights those who came before me fought for.

(Delaware County)

Jarhead, I appreciate your service, but I don't appreciate your attitude. The condescension is unnecessary. You have every right to disagree with me, but the snarky sarcasm just makes you sound like a toolbag.

But, like I said, I appreciate your service. Even though holding it over someone's head to belittle them really diminishes the honor involved.

Also, I did enlist...as soon as I was legally of age to do so, with the Army. However, due to what was later found out to be a physical birth defect, I am not fit for duty. So, the next time you doubt my willingness to stand up for my country, send me a private message and talk to me directly, rather than making a fool of yourself publically.

I'll continue exercising the rights that you fought to protect. Except I'm not going to act like I'm better than you for it.
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; November 21st, 2012 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    [
    You want close, how about the two on Burmont Road in Drexel Hill, 6 blocks apart (546 yards), and both have been there for as long as I can remember.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

SSHHHHH. They might close one of those down like they did on drexel and township line (next to toris). Both of them are right around the corner from my garage. The one near tori's was on the way to my garage.

Maybe this will help:

Wow ... a young girl at WAWA, making a man fart (almost shitting his pants), an old lady asking "Is he wearing a gun ?, the cable guy seeing you in blue cammies and a hip holster saying, "Oh shit !" ..... how cute. Dressing up like a combat Marine, bravely walking the streets of the suburbs ..... such terrific stories, but let's admit that on the 'excitement scale' your log needs much more 'panache'.
    Accordingly, I came up with a suggestion to you and the other OC'ers here, who love to thrill us with your 'encounter' stories:

I have been reading most of these 'Open Carry' threads for quite a while, and since you seem to be the "OC Mentor" I have a suggestion for you. However this suggestion would also be a good idea for most of you OC'ers, since your average age seems to be just right.
    I got this idea when I watched that awesome video of you, modeling your drop leg holster and tactical vest.
    In the spirit of Veterans Day, why don't you walk down to your local Marine Corps recruitig station (OC'ing of course) and enlist ?
    Just think, while in training at Parris Island, you can share all of your encounters and share everything you learned in your deadly 'shoot-out' incidents (that is, naturally if you've had any).
    All though that Taurus 1911 you carry must be top of the line, as well as all of your other 'tactical' equipment, I'm sure the Marine Corps will issue you weapons that just may be as good as an experienced 'operator' like you, prefer.
    Not only will this allow you to OC in exotic places like Afghanistan, you can also now brag that you now (FINALLY) did your part to protect the U.S. Constitution, that you and your followers, love, quote and have down to memory.
    I always wondered how all the "Constitutionalists" here, have never raised their right hand, swore to protect that sacred document, and put themselves in harm's way, to defend it. I guess there is some excuse .... oh ... I mean explanation.
    Believe me, this will bring your "OC encounters" to new levels of excitement, and you may even get the chance to educate the members of the Taliban and AlQaeda on Pennsylvania Law, and tell them how terribly brutal, ignorant and almost 'Gestapo Like' our local Law Enforcement Officers are here, as opposed to their understanding and sympathetic Sharia Law enforcers in their Muslim country.
    I thought of this helpful suggestion for (especially) you as well as the other OC'ers here, as I recalled my experience OC'ing.
    Of course (since I am 66 years old) it was very long ago, in a tropical paradise called Vietnam. (but I was much younger than you at that time)
    (Use the Google Map to locate this vacation paradise if you are not familliar with it.)
    I OC'd for 12 months and 20 days there, while in the Marine Corps, from May 1967 to June 1968. I especially had several encounters during the infamous "TET Offensive, in a large urban city named "HUE." (Pronounced "Way")
    I am sorry to say, the ignorant people who I did 'encounter' were obviously not familiar with legal 'Open Carry' since all of my encounters were 'negative,' to an extreme. In fact so extreme that they shot and killed 8,000 of us "OC'ing" U.S. troops, in just the next FOUR months.
    These people looked different than me and had assault weapons that were not like mine. But the most intriguing thing about these negative encounters, they were so alarmed at my OC'ing, they shot at me! Not only with their strange rifles but with rocket propelled grenades, 82 mm mortars and even Soviet 122 mm rockets.
    Now you must admit that these encounters would be so much more interesting than your average encounters with teenaged female clerks at your favorite WaWa, or the ninimum waged security guards at your local Malls and Walmarts.
    Just think how much more interesting "Viper19801's" log would be !!!! Especially when you handed out pamphlets of PA Law to them and requested to speak to their supervisor (called 'Village Elders' there). I'd bet your fan club and Youtube viewers would grow by leaps and bounds.
    Of course, I would not suggest that "Pretty in Pink" accompany you during this adventure. But you can place a picture of her inside your helmet, and she can follow your 'Encounter Log' on the nightly news, as I am sure you can still record and video these encounters and send them to all our major news outlets.
    I'll sign off now, while hoping you take my advice and really add some thrill to your log as well as protecting our sacred Constitutional Rights that I so frequently and reverently read, how you and your fellow OC'ers fear, could be lost, unless brave individuals like all of you take a stand to protect them. I am really looking forward to the new and improved "Viper Log."
    Semper Fi !!
    What does you serving in vietnam have to do with viper oc'ing?

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    SSHHHHH. They might close one of those down like they did on drexel and township line (next to toris). Both of them are right around the corner from my garage. The one near tori's was on the way to my garage.
    Those 3 along with the one on Lansdowne Avenue near the Township Animal Hospital are all holdovers of the horrible parking lot WaWa's. The one near Tori's was especially bad because the WaWa shared the shopping center with a bunch of stores and had very little parking. I lived in the Duplex right behind Tori's for a year back in the 90's and it seemed like every day you would hear a minor fender bender.

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    Those 3 along with the one on Lansdowne Avenue near the Township Animal Hospital are all holdovers of the horrible parking lot WaWa's. The one near Tori's was especially bad because the WaWa shared the shopping center with a bunch of stores and had very little parking. I lived in the Duplex right behind Tori's for a year back in the 90's and it seemed like every day you would hear a minor fender bender.
    Yeah, that store did suck for parking. Parking isn't too bad at the one on burmont, across from burhill's, you can park in the driveways of the new houses(on the corner) that have been vacant since they built them 5 years ago.

#1. I don't need or want or deserve any "Thanks" for my service. Actually the reverse is is what is deserved.
    I give my thanks to this country, the freedoms and the opportunity Uncle Sam gave my ancestors and myself, and wanted to 'Pay my Rent' for his generosity, as well as to honor the millions of others before me who served and fought for this country. Including my maternal Uncle, who I am named after, and who was killed in Action, liberating the Island of Guam from the Japanese in July 1944 during World War II.
    You see, talking about freedom is very easy. But if you truly understand it and sincerely love it, before you leave this earth, you need to be able to say, "I gave something back. I tried to show how much I loved it and wanted to preserve it."
    Shocking children, old people, minimum wage security guards, McDonald Mangers or whatever, is not enough.
    Read your own 'logs' or 'encounters' (not just Viper's). You accomplish nothing except gaining attention to yourself and causing alarm. If your egos or self esteems are so lacking, the problems are far deeper than the 2nd Ammendment.
    Do any of you want an interesting "OC Encounter" ? Then I suggest this. Next Friday night about 11:30 PM, open carry (any gun you choose) and walk into a bar at 5th & Erie in North Philly by yourself.
    I can guarantee you it will be the most interesting OC encounter you will ever have ... and most likely the last.
    Call me names, send negative Reps (whatever the hell they are), but I will tell you this ..... never, and I mean never doubt who and what I am and what I have accomplished and given back to this country.
    My only hope is that as you mature and grow you will see that what you are doing accomplishes nothing, and in fact, only feeds the negative stereo types, given to those of us who know that our rights to defend ourselves and protect our loved ones, and yes maybe one day, to protect our country, are something that must be preserved.

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    Like I said in the (neg) rep I gave you, I fear that your stay here will be short and painful.
    And just how do you intend to make it "Painful" ?
    By the way. Can you explain the 'negative Rep' thing and does it hurt, and how many do I need to get a couple more Purple Hearts ? Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    just makes you sound like a toolbag.

rather than making a fool of yourself publically.

Except I'm not going to act like I'm better than you for it.
    Watch your mouth. I did not resort to name calling. Keep it up and I'll call you "Junior."
    I never said I was better than anyone. I have merely pointed out, satirically, my opinions on yours (and others) immature behavior.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    What does you serving in vietnam have to do with viper oc'ing?
    You'll need to figure that one out yourself. But I'll give you a hint. There is a time and a place to 'Open Carry.' #1 would be a war ... not even on the list would be Christmas shopping with your girl friend at Springfield Mall.

(Tioga County)

BTW Jarhead, I OC everywhere in my area no one cares except some of those that wander in from NYS.
    USNRET '61-'81

(Chester County)

There is a time and a place to 'Open Carry.' #1 would be a war ... not even on the list would be Christmas shopping with your girl friend at Springfield Mall.
    Says? Oh right, you. So your opinion on when and how a person should carry is THE opinion now? You've become the authority on on this subject?

We get it, you think he shouldn't do it. Good for you, move along now.

Page 11 of 222 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast