Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 101 of 222 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2216

Thread: Viper's OC log

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Viper's OC log

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Here's the recording, subtitled for your reading convenience.

Officer 1 is begging for a complaint to be filed against him, if not a lawsuit.

Officer 2 sounds like he could be our own Carson. (I mean that as a compliment to Officer 2, although he wasn't perfect.)

Officer 1: "You're just looking for a fight". I would be tempted to respond with childish but appropriate "I know you are but what am I?".
    Last edited by twency; August 1st, 2014 at 07:26 PM.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Lancaster County)

My blood pressure just went through the ceiling. I'm boiling. JBT is an offensive description or label? Well, how exactly does one act? Not busting on Cop2 so much but "every action gets a reaction"? Yes exactly. Thus why you acted as you did. "You have a gun. That is threatening". As though you were threatening him because you protested your treatment by the thug and you have a gun on you. What a crock. I'm sure he prefers to treat people like shit that are unarmed and preferably small and frail. That guy is a piece of work.
    City of the First Class! Not even close

(Delaware County)

Here's the recording, subtitled for your reading convenience.

Hope you follow up on this
    Last edited by BimmerJon; August 1st, 2014 at 08:21 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Dunno, I think when he said "you have a good day" that would have been time for the classic line from Falling Down "Fuck you sir, fuck you very much".
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

The city just wants them to check to make sure that someone carrying has a good permit?

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought that OCing alone was not enough RAS to stop someone. Just want to clarify since that's what I thought was legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I blame New Jersey for putting itself above the Constitution

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by 90volts View Post
    The city just wants them to check to make sure that someone carrying has a good permit?

Correct me if I am wrong. I thought that OCing alone was not enough RAS to stop someone. Just want to clarify since that's what I thought was legal.
    OC in the city of Philadelphia is prohibited, and having an LTCF puts you in an exception. However, the exception only applies after the prohibition, hence the requirement for you to show Philly cops your LTCF.

That is, is they are willing to see it without treating you like dirt first.
    Junior

(Delaware County)

But a drivers license is also required to drive in Philly. But they can't stop you to check. From what I had heard, even needing the LTCF, they still could not stop you for just carrying. Of course in theory and reality are two different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I blame New Jersey for putting itself above the Constitution

(York County)

OC in the city of Philadelphia is prohibited, and having an LTCF puts you in an exception. However, the exception only applies after the prohibition, hence the requirement for you to show Philly cops your LTCF.

That is, is they are willing to see it without treating you like dirt first.

Looks like at least one Philly cop is trying to get in as many violations of #11 of the $1.4 million settlement as he can before it goes into effect...

Settlement in Philadelphia Class Action Lawsuit Regarding Disclosure of Confidential LTCF Information

I am proud to announce that a settlement has been reached with the City of Philadelphia in the matter of John Doe, et al., v. City of Philadelphia, et al, Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas docket no. 121203785, stemming from the City’s posting and disclosing of what we alleged was confidential license to carry firearms (LTCF) information. You can download a copy of the Press Release – here. This was a collaborative effort between Benjamin R. Picker, Esquire of McCausland Keen & Buckman, Jonathan Goldstein, Esquire of McNelly & Goldstein, LLC, Jon Mirowitz, Esquire, and myself.
    As a result of the Settlement, the City will pay $1.425 million to the class and will be separately responsible for the costs of administering the settlement. Further, and of similar importance, the City has agreed to a number of policy changes, which can be found starting on page 11 of the Settlement Agreement, including:

1. Not to disclose LTCF applicant information either electronically or in-person;
    2. Annual training of the Philadelphia Police Department and Philadelphia License and Inspection Board of Review on the confidentiality of LTCF applicant information;
    3. Customer service training for the Philadelphia Gun Permit Unit;
    4. Posting a copy of the LTCF Application Notice on its website and where LTCF applications and appeals can be submitted or obtained, as well as, providing a copy to anyone who has his/her LTCF denied or revoked;
    5. The City will not require references on the LTCF application and will not contact any references listed on the LTCF application;
    6. The City will not require lawful immigrants or US Citizens with a US Passport to provide naturalization papers;
    7. The City will not require any applicant to disclose whether he/she owns a firearm during the LTCF application process;
    8. The City will not deny an application because the applicant answered “no” to any question regarding whether the applicant had been charged/convicted of any crime where the applicant received a pardon or expungement from the charge or conviction;
    9. The City will process all LTCF applications within 45 calendar days;
    10. The City will remit $15.00 to any applicant who is denied within 20 days;
    11. The City will not require LTCF applicants or holders to disclose to law enforcement that they have an LTCF, that they are carrying a firearm or that they have a firearm in the vehicle; and
    12. The City will not confiscate an LTCF or firearm, unless there is probable cause that the LTCF or firearm is evidence of a crime. In the event an LTCF or firearm is confiscated, the officer must immediately provide a property receipt, which shall include the pertinent information
    ^Above quoted from here: http://blog.princelaw.com/2014/07/22...f-information/

As to when these changes are supposed to take effect:

Quote Originally Posted by SigForLife View Post
    The effective date will be when Judge Allen signs the final order approving the settlement. The hearing is scheduled for Oct 29th, so provided that doesn't change, Judge Allen will hopefully issue the order approving it either on the 29th or shortly thereafter. There is 30 days for any party to appeal, so checks won't go out to the class members until the appeal period tolls.
    <snip>
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Dunno, I think when he said "you have a good day" that would have been time for the classic line from Falling Down "Fuck you sir, fuck you very much".
    Agreed.... He showed no respect and courtesy, he gets no respect nor courtesy.

Very acceptable time to say.... "Go Fuck Yourself!"

Let him write you a citation for DC for cussing.... PSP has been sued for 1A violations over this practice.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by 90volts View Post
    But a drivers license is also required to drive in Philly. But they can't stop you to check. From what I had heard, even needing the LTCF, they still could not stop you for just carrying. Of course in theory and reality are two different things.

The difference is in the way the laws are written, not in Philly, but in Harrisburg, and although there is caselaw supporting it, I like the way Gunlawyer001 summed it up a while back (paraphrasing here)...

> Driving a car in Philly is legal, if you are licensed to do so.

> Carrying a handgun OC or CC in Philly is illegal, unless you are licensed to do so.

Read them carefully. Did you catch the distinctions? There are a couple night and day differences between the two statements, and this is where Philly gets it's authority to stop and check for licensing.

Of course, their over-the-top treatment is another matter, as Viper as already addressed. In fact, he addressed it in his first suit.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 101 of 222 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast