Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: 1919 homebuilds

(Lebanon County)

Default 1919 homebuilds

anybody thinking about doing one of these, better act quick.
    it looks like the ''good 'ole days" are over with them. i missed the memo on what actually happened, but the days of 80% side plates are over, and it sounds like the parts kits are rapidlly drying up.
    i was tracking parts down for a guy at work that wants one and was shocked at what i found.
    it's been 5 years since i did mine and was'nt really following that board anymore.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Berks County)

Default Re: 1919 homebuilds

Did a cursory search over on Weaponeer and ORF....seems there is still stuff around, 80% side plates, even 100%..triggers and sears...etc...

Don't know about the parts kits....I built mine about 3-4 years ago also.

Currently thinking of a 30-.06 conversion though.

Just like with FAL's, once the kits dry up, that pretty much kills the hobby.

What flavor is your 1919? Mine is pretty much Izzy..in A-6 configuration (bipod, butt-stock, carry handle and flashider) also have a modified MG-42 AA tripod.

I see you are right next door in Lebanon county (I am in Bethel right off 78)...where do you shoot?
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer

(Lebanon County)

web sites hav'nt been updated yet, they might list 80%s, but try to buy one.
    the atf just ruled that even the 80%s are a "gun". something about a guy named "halo" taking the big one from teh batf has everybody yanking the 80%s.
    buddy was calling around(actually using a phone??) looking for the best price on a kit. he called several places, each one claimed to have only afew kits on hand, with none expected in any time soon. i could see that line from a few, but they all used it.

mine is a 3006 issy a6. been thinking about an m2 but don't really feel like trying to do the one man crew thing, on a crew served gun.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by brian View Post
    the atf just ruled that even the 80%s are a "gun". something about a guy named "halo" taking the big one from teh batf has everybody yanking the 80%s.
    Where did you see a final ruling from the ATF saying this?

(Berks County)

Did a search on the issue over at 1919, "halo" builds RSP's.

Where did you see a final ruling from the ATF saying this?
    No ruling....YET....but because the ATF is looking at the issue again...it seems no one is selling 80% RSP's in case they run afoul of he ATF. Most makers are erring on the side of caution.

Technical Branch of the ATF can pretty much say and do as they wish, the longer they stall on the issue, no one will be making or selling 80% RSP's.

There are a few makers of 100% RSP's so even if you are sitting on a kit, you aren't totally out of luck.
    "Disperse you Rebels! Damn you! Throw down your Arms and Disperse!" British Major Pitcairn at Lexington April 19, 1775

"Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things" Marvin Heemeyer