Quote Originally Posted by wrangler1120 View Post
Susquehanna County will not renew your permit. I'd give Luzerne/Lackawanna Sheriffs a call just to double check. This day and age, wasting 4 hours in gas money coming from Binghamton to either Scranton or Wilkes-Barre isn't exactly cheap anymore.
Luzerne states on their webpage that non-residents need to bring their home state LTCF (or equivalent thereof), so presumably they're willing to issue them. I have business in Wilkes Barre on the 20th, so I'll head down early and take care of it then. Until then I've got a Utah CCL I can carry on, plus the PA LTCF with my old name, which is presumably still valid.

Quote Originally Posted by wrangler1120 View Post
You do have another option, you can fight it, but I'm not sure thats exactly the result you are looking for. Nothing will change with respect to PA sheriffs not issuing to non-residents unless someone challenges their methodology.
I wish I had the money to be the test case. What's the filing fee for the Court of Common Pleas? I'm betting it's more than the three extra gallons of gas I'll burn driving to and from Wilkes Barre....