Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default MY favorite crappy gun.

My first gun was a Jennings .22 bought about 13 years ago. I know it isn't exactly a top quality firearm but I will never get rid of it. My j22 gave me fits with clearing jams and break down and reassembly. But it had some good points also.
    I learned how to handle a gun safely with it. I also used it to make some family members see gun owners in a different light. When they asked me why I carry, it opened the door for me to explain that some good people own guns, not just the bad guys. It also helped me out of a bad spot once.
    So I was just wondering if anyone else has a ''crappy" gun they won't ever get rid of.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Fayette County)

Default Re: MY favorite crappy gun.

My first handgun was a Davis .380 that I got new when I was 16.
    It was alright for a beginner handgun and only jammed once in a while.

I wont get rid of it because it has sentimental value.
    Besides, who the hell would want it? lol

"One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Lawrence County)

I have a cheap Savage .22 rifle I bought at Walmart years ago... It has constant ejection problems, that I probably could fix if I took the time, but just haven't gotten around to it... I just run a bore snake through and all is well for a few shots... It's just a plinker, and I gotta have a knife handy, but it was the first gun I bought on my own... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Delaware County)

I stopped shooting my jennings years ago because it got to the point it would jam every second or third round. I think I could get it working a little better but it has over 1200 rounds down the pipe so I think I'll keep it retired.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Lehigh County)

I have a crappy old Italian semi .22 Galesi that won't eject cartridges, but Grandad bought it and I have the box and paperwork with his handwritten notes. It's basically like new.

Such a crappy gun - only took it to the range once. But I'll keep it forever and give it to my kid. Hell, it's not worth anything, except sentiment.

Priceless!

i have a sears and roebuck 22 rifle that my dad bought me when i was 10. it was bought used, so dont even know how old it is. i am now 30 and still have it. it needs a new mag, ut i can't find one anywhere. i will never get rid of it because it was the first rifle i got and it is dear to me. it shoots really well, just have to use it like a single shot! lol
    just in case someone on here might have info about this gun, it's a model 2200 bolt action. if some has info, pm me. i would love to know who actualy manufactured this gun and would like to get some history on it.
    Why carry a 1911? Because life's too short to carry an ugly gun.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by fastfordman390 View Post
    i have a sears and roebuck 22 rifle that my dad bought me when i was 10. it was bought used, so dont even know how old it is. i am now 30 and still have it. it needs a new mag, ut i can't find one anywhere. i will never get rid of it because it was the first rifle i got and it is dear to me. it shoots really well, just have to use it like a single shot! lol
    just in case someone on here might have info about this gun, it's a model 2200 bolt action. if some has info, pm me. i would love to know who actualy manufactured this gun and would like to get some history on it.
    hers some info i found
    http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=66885
    "Cogito, ergo armatum sum"

(Mercer County)

I have a crappy 10 Gauge L.C. Smith No. 0, SxS Damascus double barreled shotgun manufactured in 1899. This shotgun looks like it has been thru the war with nicks and gouges. I'll never shot it or sell it as it was a gift from my grandfather & is hanging in it spot of honor (over the fire place) since I bought this house.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

(Carbon County)

my mossberg 20 ga. pump, got it when i was 12 at llanarch gun shop in drexel hill. place has been closed for over 30 years. gun still works, but its pretty beat up. my son never got into hunting so i just keep it

(Clinton County)

My Dad bought me a High Standard Sentinel Deluxe .22 when I was around 10. It's seen better days. The front sight post got knocked off and I lost it. I would like to get it redone to like new, but never got around to it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast