Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default century arms akms ak47 underfolder

So how are they? Quality ak? Wood furniture on the one i was eyeballing was beautiful. Model century arms ak47 akms underfolder.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: century arms akms ak47 underfolder

No one? More info i have got. Its polish parts. Its $569

(Allegheny County)

the poles made very good rifles, but as with anything century you need to make sure the fit is good and the sights are straight and not canted. shoot it as soon as you can after buying it to make sure everything is good to go.

sportmansguide has the armorers chest for these right now for $99, this is a chest that contains brand new parts. everything BUT the receiver, bolt, bolt carrier, piston and FSB and trunnions and top cover. all the small parts and furniture including the complete underfolder parts set in brand new condition.
    MORDENTE MEUM

(Beaver County)

I know CIA got a bad wrap for the tantels they put out. I had a previous vector arms polish underfolder and that one was bad ass. Is there really anyway to tell if the front sight is canted? Gas block should be easy enough. And does a canted gas block mess anything up?

(Beaver County)

Doing more digging the exact model is century arms RI1662x polish underfolder. All reviews on the net are from places that sell them.

(Allegheny County)

Century IS parts-guns. They gather up mix-master milsurp sets and sub them out for 922-legal build-ups.

Their guns are as good as the base parts and the builder's skill and care. Some builders have neither. Sometimes incorrect parts are used - early Tantal barrels apparently.

I have a mixmaster Yugo M70AB2 U/F; quality-made refurbed Yugo parts plus USA parts and built good enough for an AK.

My 922-legal mixmaster HK33 "C93" is fine too, stunned to discover that it shoots even better than it looks.

The "milled Polish AKs" that I have handled are also mix-master EU parts; they have had good reviews. On my short list for "someday".

I'm betting the "Polish U/F AKM" you seen will be just as typical of their Yugo or milled. The Cent Tantals had issues with correct barrels, supposedly now corrected.

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: century arms akms ak47 underfolder

I bought my M70AB almost 5 years ago, for $419 at a local Dunhams. Eyeballing the sight tower (it was straight), and the bolt face (wasn't DREMELED on), told me it wasn't built on a Monday morning or a Friday afternoon at least.

Primarily though, I bought it as a truck gun. Something to hold a lot of rounds, and get me back home safely, should it all hit the fan while out camping some weekend or some such. Accuracy is typical AK - 3 minutes of perp; the welds all seem good, and the action is smooth (feeds reliably, and accepts EVERY mag from my hodge-podge, 20+ year collection of AK mags).

UF stocks though, are NOT the best. Being stamped steel, they will wear out shortly, given the recoil of 7.62 Russian - usually after a couple thousand rounds. I test fired less than a mag for accuracy - other rounds I test-fired for suitability, with the stock folded.

It would NOT however, be MY go-to gun, should it all hit the fan here at the house. My AR's and PTR91 serve that purpose. Even my shotguns rank ahead of it. FWIW.

(Chester County)

The quality of Centurys firearms are akin to a $2 hooker.

Most problems on the Century AK builds tend to be placing the wrong type of barrel on them (which means 'key-holing') and canted sites.

They also have a warranty that begins when it leaves the factory, not when you buy it!

http://www.centuryarms.com/warranty/...antyPolicy.pdf

A good you tube vid to watch is this one;

I have an Interarms AK-74 rifle based on a Bulgarian kit. It's awesome! They do a Tantal also in 47 and 74 variants....

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storecategory90.aspx

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dead zen View Post
    So how are they? Quality ak? Wood furniture on the one i was eyeballing was beautiful. Model century arms ak47 akms underfolder.
    They are good shooters. They are mainly romanian and polish parts. If it's nice wood, then they are using the polish wood and not the romanian.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

(Chester County)

Here is my monkey assembled one with some canted sights...

Hoplophobia is funny

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast