Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Help Save Christmas: danp's co-worker/her son robbed at knife point in home

DONATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED, I WILL BE LETTING WHATEVER MIGHT BE COMING IN DO SO FOR THE NEXT 30 MINUTES BUT I HAVE TO WRITE THE CHECK BY END OF BUSINESS TODAY.

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WAS ABLE TO HELP THIS FAMILY, WE RAISED $845.00 IN UNDER 4 HOURS.

Hello all,

I come bearing some highly upsetting news.

I was informed this morning that Lauren, the secretary at the company I work at was robbed with a knife to her throat while her 4-year old son watched last night while entering their home. These pieces of scum not only ransacked their house but actually stole all of their Christmas presents.

While I am quite sure there is a special place in hell for these people, I would like to see what I can do to help to restore some Christmas cheer to this family. I'd like to add that Lauren showed up for work today. While we quickly told her to take the day off, that is the kind of person she is.

My office is taking donations from the employees to help get them back up on their feet in time for Christmas and while I plan on personally writing a check for $100 to help, I figured I might ask if anyone out there can spare a few bucks to help right this wrong.

I realize many of you do not know me personally, and definitely do not know this lady I work with, but I know each and every one of you are good people, in fact the best people. I consider each and every one of you friends and brothers which is why I feel comfortable asking if possibly, you could help out.

I will not be mis-leading: This has nothing to do with the PAFOA, and it has very little to do with owning firearms. Donations will go to me and ultimately to her family through me.

I understand completely that this is a very tight time of year and that many people simply do not have a lot of money laying around, but if a dozen people can spare even $5-10, I think we can bring some light to this family in the face of so much ugliness. We don't need to raise a ton of money, I'd just like to make sure this family can put some presents under the tree.

I thank you all from the bottom of my heart in advance for any help you can offer this family in their time of need.

My Donation: $100.00

Received: $600.00

Pledged (by mail): $145.00

Total: $845.00
    Last edited by danp; December 19th, 2007 at 04:58 PM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Help Save Christmas: danp's co-worker/her son robbed at knife point in home

Paypal on the way...

EDIT: Money sent.
    Last edited by mjd932; December 19th, 2007 at 01:10 PM.
    I own guns!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Help Save Christmas: danp's co-worker/her son robbed at knife point in home

DanP remember criminals like to strike a second time. If they case the place and see more presents they will do it again. Her first priority should be security and safety.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Allegheny County)

snail mail pledge will be mail today

(Philadelphia County)

PayPal sent. Hope that this helps the family bring some Christmas back to the house. Either way, it's not going to be an easy Christmas for them.

Leon

(Lebanon County)

We can't erase that memory, but we can add a positive one to help east the pain.
    Thank you for looking out for your friends.
    Donation sent.

(Chester County)

Donation sent.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Erie County)

sent you something via paypal. we should work on getting her a CCW, and a small girlgun.
    Last edited by doug; December 19th, 2007 at 04:52 PM. Reason: slight edit.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by doug View Post
    sent you something via paypal. we should work on getting her a CCW, and a small girlgun.
    In the future I may discuss this with her, but right now I don't think she's in the mindset to deal with that. I just want to make sure her family has a good Christmas.
    Last edited by doug; December 19th, 2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: edited quote.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Berks County)

I can send a check for $100 via USPS. I hope this helps.

rand

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast