Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: glock 29

(Cumberland County)

Talking glock 29

just picked up my new 29 today. this being my fist 10mm do not have any begining point for a good load for paper punching and defensive purposes. some ideas from other 10mm shooters would be great. i am used to glocks as this is number 8. the other ones are 9mm, 40, 45. my 30 is a tack driving piece considering the size of it can i expect the same out of the 10mm. be safe and good shooting red dog.

(Cambria County)

Default Re: glock 29

Bitter root for target.Double tap for every thing else.Start reloading if you you like to shoot alot.

(Westmoreland County)

Congrats on the G29 big 10. As for accuracy on paper, I couldn't tell the difference as to where my shots placed between shooting a G30 and a G29. Both targets looked pretty much identical. Good accuracy with both. Sometimes I wish I owned that 29.

(Philadelphia County)

Cool Re: glock 29

Welcome to the 10 club! Prior to reloading, I used either CCI Blazer, American Eagle or Remington UMC FMJ's for the range (depending on what I could get my hands on locally). I went to one local shop and they were trying to sell me 50rds of fmj for 40.00!

My current carry ammo is Double Tap 135gr Nosler JHP. I have also carried 135gr Corbon JHP, Hornady 155gr XTP's and Pro Load 180gr Gold Dots. I cycle my carry ammo quite often.

I posted all available 10mm manufacturer ammo in the following thread:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/ammunition-re...10-lovers.html
    G20 & G29 Member NRA; Life Member North American Fishing Club

(Cumberland County)

Cool Re: glock 29

thanks phillyg29, lots of info to start out with. i hope this 29 is as much fun as it looks. if your from philly check out the local shop i use, mechanicsburg ordnance. he is going to be down there for the gun show at the end of the month. he is usually the first dealer inside the main entrance on the left at the armory show. happy shooting and remember gun control is hitting what your aiming at. thanks again red dog. p,s, tell rich i told you to say high.

(Beaver County)

I have a 29 and it's a great shooter. I shoot reloads through mine. Ive been using 155grain Hornady XTP rounds and after this 1k of those get shot this year I'm switching over to Rainer's 165 grain plated HP to save few more cents per round. When you start reloading and I'll send ya my load data.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by red dog View Post
    just picked up my new 29 today. this being my fist 10mm do not have any begining point for a good load for paper punching and defensive purposes. some ideas from other 10mm shooters would be great. i am used to glocks as this is number 8. the other ones are 9mm, 40, 45. my 30 is a tack driving piece considering the size of it can i expect the same out of the 10mm. be safe and good shooting red dog.

omg i just picked up one a week ago!! it too is my first 10mm!! ITS THE BEST GUN EVER!!!

(Cumberland County)

here it is fri. nite, sitting alone with my glock 29.can not wait till tomorrow morning so i can smell fresh burnt powder from my new toy. i am sorry somebody already used the old i love the smell of gunpowder in the morning phrase,but then again who cares it is still true. sweet dreams for all of that get to shoot tomorrow. be safe, shoot staight yours red dog

(Lackawanna County)

the G29 is def my new fav glock. I shoot way better with it than i did with my g22 or my g23. It sucks that there isnt a huge demand for the 10mm. I think it is my favorite round. Id like to have a sig in 10mm that would be nice