Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Nice surprise at the range today

Just as I was about to finish up my day at the range today, I noticed a gentleman shooting a 22 next to my lane. As he was reloading I asked what type of 22 was he shooting. Turns out it was a S&W 22A, he had just got it. I told him I had a Buchmark & we got to talking. As I was looking at the 22a he handed me a full mag & said give it a try which I did. A nice shooter for sure. I told him that I was shooting a Beretta 92FS & asked if he would like to give it a try, he replied that he owns two of them.

He then said, here try this one & pulls out a Wilson Combat CQB .45. Loads a mag , hands it to me with the gun & says give this one a whirl. Damn nice shooter!

After shooting his Wilson & complimenting what a fine handgun it was he opens his range bag & pulls out a HK USP 9mm & A SIG 226 Elite 9mm sets them on my range counter & says " have at it " , so I take out my last box of ammo loaded both mags & preceded to fire each of them. They are both very fine weapons.

So, not only did I get to fire 4 new handguns but "even better" also made a new friend as well.
    Last edited by triplebike; April 7th, 2011 at 10:19 PM.

Default Re: Nice surprise at the range today

SWEET!

the joy of love is not the owning , its the giving .

lucky you and compartively, luckier him.
    Last edited by ruggerio; April 7th, 2011 at 08:09 PM.
    To err is human, to be prepared divine

(Montgomery County)

Very nice! It's been my experience that my "neighbors" at the range, folks in the gun shop, and of course, the people here, are among the nicest, friendliest, and most courteous people around. Firearms ownership/collecting is much more than an accumulation of "things". It's also an opportunity to share the enjoyment with other people.
    "I don't care what went wrong. I beat the snot out of it until it works" - Clint Smith

(Fayette County)

That was nice.

Every time I go to the range I offer other people there to shoot my guns.

1/4 of the people act like a-holes, and the other 3/4 are friendly and let me shoot their guns too.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by marks View Post
    Very nice! It's been my experience that my "neighbors" at the range, folks in the gun shop, and of course, the people here, are among the nicest, friendliest, and most courteous people around. Firearms ownership/collecting is much more than an accumulation of "things". It's also an opportunity to share the enjoyment with other people.
    I have to agree 100%. In my last "life" I was an avid motorcyclist & there was always that camaraderie between us fellow bikers. I feel the exact same camaraderie with gun enthusiasts. My new friend is among many that I've had the pleasure of making since I started shooting & you're spot on, they are nicest, friendliest, and most courteous people around. Going to my range is as much a social event as it is place to shoot firearms.

(Allegheny County)

That sounds like a good day to me.

(Cambria County)

It's always nice to hear stories like this! I'm glad you had a great time and had the chance to meet another fine shooter. You will have to invite him to join PFOA!
    These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Thomas Paine 1776

That was a good range day for sure.
    Every time I take the M1 Garand to the range, I draw a crowd. I'll let everybody shoot a couple rounds. They all hand the thing back with big grins on their faces. (Probably like you after shooting his Wilson!)
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Lackawanna County)

I agree guys! Try showing up at the range and start screwing on a suppressor to your glock! LOL Now thats attention! I always bring extra 147gr ammo!!