Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default new to board, looking for club suggestions

Hello everyone! I am new to the board and I am seriously looking for a good sportsmans club to join. I live in the North Hills of Pittsburgh and prefer anything close for obvious reasons. (especially since gas is outragious and would rather use my money for ammo.) I have owned guns for over 25yrs. but would rather join a club instead of just shooting at the state gamelands in Wexford PA. I have a Daughter and want to get her involved as well. Can anyone give me any suggestions and what is needed to become a member? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time!
    Jim
    Last edited by jimcs&w; April 25th, 2011 at 01:27 PM.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: new to board, looking for club suggestions

My Father belongs to the Millvale Sportsman Club.
    http://www.millvalesportsmens.com/

I have never been there so can't offer any advice. Membership info is on the site. Hope that helps.

(Allegheny County)

Welcome to the forum! Locally you have Millvale Sportsman's Club in Wexford, Coraopolis District Sportsman's Club right off 79 just past Neville Island and Allegheny Country Rifle Club in Ross.

I don't personally know anything about Millvale. CDSC is a very small club with limited facilities and ACRC has a waiting list to join right now. Not too many choices in the immediate area but if you give some idea of what you're looking for in a club I'm sure many others will chime in with options and personal experience.

(Allegheny County)

thank you both bcpistolshooter and thebearpack for your reply info. I will do some research to see what may work best. Thanks again for your time and much appreciated help!

(Beaver County)

You also Have Ambridge Sportsman Club about 20 min form Cranberry and Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club near Beaver Falls, PA. Also about 30 min from Cranberry. BVRP is more of a desinated shooting club with tons of ranges and lots of room. ADSC is more a social place with limited ranges. I am a member of both if you want more info.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by DucatiRon View Post
    You also Have Ambridge Sportsman Club about 20 min form Cranberry and Beaver Valley Rifle and Pistol Club near Beaver Falls, PA. Also about 30 min from Cranberry. BVRP is more of a desinated shooting club with tons of ranges and lots of room. ADSC is more a social place with limited ranges. I am a member of both if you want more info.
    Yeah BVRPC is great. I went up to the Ambridge Club but did not like the limited ranges and indoor range. I may join in the future though.

Let us know what you decide on. Millvale and Allegheny are the closest to your location. If you don't mind the drive I highly recommend BVRPC.