Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CC at LHU

(Clinton County)

Question CC at LHU

My daughter attends LHU and I am ussually cc when I take her back to school on Sundays. She told me last weekend that I wasn's suppossed to have my pistol with me on campus. Here is LHU's firearms polict what does anyone think before I call them tomorrow. Campus police officers vigorously enforce all state,federal, and local laws as well as university regulations on the illigal possession sale or use of firearms. All persons are prohibited from having firearmsor other dangerousweapons on Lock Haven University property or while attending a Lock Haven University- sponsored or affiliated activity. Lock Haven University's policy is that the use, possession or saleof firearms or other dangerous weapons on any Lock Haven campus or property is strictly prohibited. Reported violations of these policies will be thoroughly investigated. Violators will be immediately arrested or cited, as appropriate. It is Lock Haven University's policy to pursue sanctions against any member of the university community who is found to have violated these laws or regulations. There are NO EXCEPTIONS- including persons holding valid liscense to carry a weapon.
    I am not part of the university community and I am not attending an university sposored function?

Default Re: CC at LHU

If you don't get an answer when calling, shoot me a PM. I know the former head of security there (chief?). We used to attend the same church.

<hijack>
    Kinda cool, I still attend their yearly men's retreats and this gentleman participates in our marksmanship activities.

</hijack>

(Northampton County)

Maybe the schools that allow firearms should start advertising that fact, I am sure some parents would want to send their kids there. The other schools are just drinking the Kool Aid.

(Bucks County)

IMHO....They can't arrest you since you are not breaking any laws. They can ask you to leave.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    IMHO....They can't arrest you since you are not breaking any laws. They can ask you to leave.
    I'm not sure about LHU, but at PSU they'll give you the option of letting them hold your firearm at the police station while you go about your business. Worth a shot.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by pahuntnfool View Post
    I am not part of the university community and I am not attending an university sposored function?
    You're part of the university community the second you step on campus.

(Clinton County)

Most of the buildings aren't marked with any signs...actually I have yet to see any, but they do have a no firearms policy. If there is no sign then just go about your business. Its not a prohibited facility. Just leave if asked.

The issue of campus carry is something that I have been looking into for LHU and State College. If you know of any students that are looking to get involved with it have them contact me:

Timothy L Havener
    President, Central Chapter, Firearms Owners Against Crime
    Cell:814-241-9853
    Last edited by t1m0thy; April 6th, 2011 at 09:05 PM.

(Clinton County)

Thanks everyone for the input. I have been pretty much carrying and just doing my business in and out no issues.

(Union County)

Thumbs up Re: CC at LHU

The lib-tards in control at LHU and elsewhere are Ostriches. Heads in the sand, trouble is out of sight. If they can't see it, It doesn't exist. Out of sight, out of mind.

(Clinton County)

How times have changed. I graduated from the last class that was Lock State before becoming LHU. I walked on Campus 3 times with a rifle over my shoulder or in a soft case. No one even looked at me funny. I brought my guns for a speech class I had. Used them for visual aids.

The Professor said to do presentations on things we liked or felt strongly about. I did one on Coon hunting, one on Rifles and one on Hunters as environmentalist.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast