Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Dauphin County)

Default Re: Eagle arms LEBANON,PA gun show

Thought the show was ok didnt have what I was really looking for people were nice enough except for the one pair of idiots smelling like cheech and chong asking what kinda gun a sig sauer was and if they were like 45's lol. Hopefully the Harrisburg show will have a better selections and more used guns. Felt like this show was just a bunch of local gun shops in one location which isnt exactly a bad thing and I can think of a much worse ways to spend a few hours.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLegend View Post
    Thought the show was ok didnt have what I was really looking for people were nice enough except for the one pair of idiots smelling like cheech and chong asking what kinda gun a sig sauer was and if they were like 45's lol. Hopefully the Harrisburg show will have a better selections and more used guns. Felt like this show was just a bunch of local gun shops in one location which isnt exactly a bad thing and I can think of a much worse ways to spend a few hours.
    Just from the few vendors I talked to I know there were vendors from all over PA. and as far away as Rochester NY. and probably even further. I don't know what Cheech & Chong smell like and I don't care to find out but you can't judge any event by one or two attendees that you happen to notice who stand out from the crowd.
    I saw a lot of good deals there including a LOT of used guns, one being an older S&W .38 Special for $250.00 that I would have bought in a heartbeat if I hadn't just paid my dues to the IRS.
    The next show is scheduled for the weekend of Oct. 1 & 2 and I intend on going with some cash in hand to buy more than a few T-shirts and tools.
    The Mid Atlantic Show in Harrisburg turned me off a few years ago with the high admission price, parking fee, food prices, not allowing the "jerky guys" and other essential vendors as well as a few other things.
    Eagle Arms has done a great job of resurrecting the Lebanon show.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Dauphin County)

What I meant from cheech and chong is that they obviously had just got done smoking marijuana and smelled of it horrible and I wasnt the only one that noticed. I never said I judged the show on those two as I know there are idiots in every group just thought it was funny that they would even walk in to a gun show high.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by IrishLegend View Post
    What I meant from cheech and chong is that they obviously had just got done smoking marijuana and smelled of it horrible and I wasnt the only one that noticed. I never said I judged the show on those two as I know there are idiots in every group just thought it was funny that they would even walk in to a gun show high.
    Gotcha. I didn't make the connection there (DUH).
    I try to keep myself distanced from that sort of lifestyle so far that I guess I'm oblivious, even to the Cheech & Chong reference. (I did listen to some of their comedy on 8 track and cassette back in the good old days).
    I smelled a few who were wearing way too much cologne or perfume or something and wondered what they must be trying to hide. Maybe I smelled that and didn't know what it was.
    You have to wonder about some people and the choices they make. I thought paranoia was one of the effects of pot, they had to know that there would be a lot of law enforcement type people there as well as people who are diametrically opposed to that culture, so yes, I agree that it is funny/ironic that they would walk in there freshly stoned and very obvious about it.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234