Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Eagle arms LEBANON,PA gun show

Was the guy with the smoke flares and parachute flares there?

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by 17nut View Post
    Was the guy with the smoke flares and parachute flares there?
    If you're talking about the guy I'm think of, no. The one I have in mind has a DVD player set up on his table with demo videos and you can't miss him.
    If it's someone else you're talking about I didn't notice, I wasn't looking for that sort of thing.

That reminds me, there was a guy there selling the AR-15 Slide-Fire stock. If it wasn't the original it was a real close knockoff. For some reason I can't view youtube videos tonight but I see a lot of titles that look like they should be the item. If you're interested go to youtube and search AR-15 slide fire. He had a demo video playing on his table.
    It's supposedly approved by BATFE and makes bumpfiring real easy. Fire a semi-auto as fast as a full auto and do it legally, that probably won't last very long.
    I can't afford that much ammo but it does look like fun.

A reboot let me view Youtube videos again.
    This is the AR 15 stock that is available, I didn't pay attention to the price but it looks like the cost of ammo would soon exceed the cost of the stock.

Last edited by mauser; April 17th, 2011 at 01:08 AM.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    If you're talking about the guy I'm think of, no. The one I have in mind has a DVD player set up on his table with demo videos and you can't miss him.
    If it's someone else you're talking about I didn't notice, I wasn't looking for that sort of thing.

That reminds me, there was a guy there selling the AR-15 Slide-Fire stock. If it wasn't the original it was a real close knockoff. For some reason I can't view youtube videos tonight but I see a lot of titles that look like they should be the item. If you're interested go to youtube and search AR-15 slide fire. He had a demo video playing on his table.
    It's supposedly approved by BATFE and makes bumpfiring real easy. Fire a semi-auto as fast as a full auto and do it legally, that probably won't last very long.
    I can't afford that much ammo but it does look like fun.
    Yep thats the guy. My son plays airsoft and they love those smoke flares. And the parachute flares are just cool. Thanks for the info.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    I'm on a tight budget because I just paid my dues to the IRS but I did spend some money today and I'm going back again tomorrow to spend a little more.
    I bought a shitload of small tools, some T-shirts, old school shotshell wads and a few other little things.
    Please tell me about the 9mm projectiles. Seeing that they are Winchester I'm assuming that they're jacketed and not cast lead. Where did you find them and was there a decent supply?

That's a pretty decent price for primers these days too, I missed them. What I was seeing were selling for around $30.00/1k and I passed, I'd buy at $25.00/k.

Lots of optics there, new and used. I'm not in the market for a piece of glass right now so I didn't pay attention to the prices but the variety was quite varied.

More magazines than I thought there would be but I couldn't find one for my PF-9. Plenty for everything else though. One guy in the back of the hall to the right has a bunch of new Kimber 1911 9mm mags for a real decent price. I don't need them but I thought I'd pass that along because I think that's an item that's not too common, especially for the prices he was asking. While I was at his table I saw him sell at least 15 new mags to 3 different guys, his prices are low.

The beef jerky selection was limited but after all it's a gun show, not a jerky show. I would have liked to get a few venison Summer Sausages though.

Overall I think it was a great show, well worth paying another $5.00 to look around again now that I've had a chance to pre-sort things in my mind.

And like you, I was pleasantly surprised that I didn't walk into any clouds of noxious vapors that are usually present wherever there is a crowd.
    The projectiles were indeed FMJ!!! The guy only had two bags....so I bought them both. They were in the hall to the right as you walked in the door....same with the primers. He had other primers priced reasonably well, but when I saw these I jumped all over them, especially at that price!

(Lebanon County)

Was it just me or were some of the stands a bit overpriced? I went there looking for a deal, and was sadly dissapointed...

I saw a Taurus TCP for a little over $300 when i paid $260 for mine form Shyda's... I ended up going there after the show and walked out with a Mossberg 18" pump w/ pistol grip for $190!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    si vis pacem, para bellum

(Lebanon County)

Like any other business, there are good deals to be had and there are overpriced items for sale. I saw a decent condition S&W Model 36 .38 Special for $250 that I would have bought in a heartbeat if not for paying my dues to the IRS. I bought several lower priced items at what I thought were bargain prices. I also bought a few things at fair market prices that I couldn't find anywhere else. I did laugh at some of the prices but also negotiated on a few items. You have to know that the vendors are expecting that some people will try to talk them down on prices that are already bargains so they start with a higher asking price to give themselves a bit of leeway to deal with those people.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Lancaster County)

There was a seller on the 1st aisle on the left after you entered who had NIB Kahr CW45's for $379.I was wondering if anyone picked one up?
    He also had a very nice Sig 228 for $499.

(Lebanon County)

yeah everyone i tried to talk to was firm on the prices. I was about $20 short of an asking price for a ruger, and the guy was down right RUDE. I'm sure if i would have went today instead they would have been more willing to bargain.
    si vis pacem, para bellum

(York County)

I came in around 1:30pm or so. The show was just "OK" as far as product availability and pricing goes. However, it was very good as far as the politeness of those attending and the organization of the show was concerned.

I was surprised by how few private (i.e. non-FFL) vendors there were. Most of the FFLs were charging their normal pricing and I think that that may explain why there was little in the way of good deals.

(Lebanon County)

We were there from 9 to about 11:30 Saturday. Actually we were there early in the lobby, but came out to wait for some co workers. Only one of them showed up. I didn't have the money to get anything but I fell in love with a PPSH .22, and my wife is now enamored of a pink and black AR and a pink Taurus TCP. Guess I have to keep working the second job

My co worker got a Henry .22
    If you don't know who your state legislators are go here:
    http://www.legis.state.pa.us/index.cfm
    put your zip plus 4 in the box in the upper right hand corner.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast