Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: SGL range posting

Wow, now that is some crazy shit! I would definately flipped shit on him too Steve!

(Luzerne County)

I was out first thing Friday,04/06 and spent half an hour picking up the trash on the pistol range. Rob is usually out once a week making repairs because this week at least 4 of the boards for the backstops were broken through. It's back when people have to shoot the boards up. And I think Patla Rd is in better shape than the one at Archbald. They could definetly do more checks.

(Luzerne County)

I agree 100% with everything you said. I think blame should be shared equally between PGC for patrolling often enough and the "idiots" that trash the range with no regard for others.
    Last edited by rm74; April 10th, 2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: mispell

(Washington County)

one wco for 350 to 450 sq miles. With other duties it doenst leave a lot of time for range enforcement.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by rm74 View Post
    Took a trip to SGL range off rt. 118 on 04/03/11 the range had several signs stating that you had to possess of current hunting or furtakers license or a $30 "range use permit" to use the range. According to PGC violators will be fined. Is this a money grab or to keep certain clientele out?
    This question is an easy one. This is the PGC trying to squeeze more revenue out of sportsman, because they mismanage every dollar they get. So now your forced to buy a hunting licence whether your a hunter or not. Just more money for them to mismanage. Oh BTW the ranges are at their worse for wear!
    American by birth, Patriot by choice!

(Luzerne County)

Just a little something by a hunter I"d like to say: That game lands were bought by money from hunters licenses. The WCO's are paid by money from hunters licenses. The rifle ranges are built with money from hunters licenses. Therefore, why should anyone without a hunting license be allowed to do anything on the game lands, not just using the rifle ranges. To all, just shut up and chip in like all of the the rest of the hunters. As far as all of the mess at the rifle ranges or how the PGC blows away all of the hunters money, that another story..

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Just a little something by a hunter I"d like to say: That game lands were bought by money from hunters licenses. The WCO's are paid by money from hunters licenses. The rifle ranges are built with money from hunters licenses. Therefore, why should anyone without a hunting license be allowed to do anything on the game lands, not just using the rifle ranges. To all, just shut up and chip in like all of the the rest of the hunters. As far as all of the mess at the rifle ranges or how the PGC blows away all of the hunters money, that another story..
    I get what you are saying. There is no thing as a free lunch. But I'f im paying for something. Id rather put that cash toward a membership at a club with better facilities.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    Speaking of the SGL Ranges, more specifically the range on Suscon Rd, there are still idiots out there.

I was at the range Saturday afternoon, trying to evaluate some reloads for my M4. The range was called clear and I walked down to hang my target, along with some other shooters.

As I was hanging my targets, a so called "experienced shooter" decided to send a round down range..........while I was still down range! He was shooting from the bench, next to where I was set up.

The idiot spewed he was sorry several times, but I told him to open his m-f'in eyes before he shoots!

Shortly there after, he packed up an left.
    I was two benches down from a guy who shot himself in the hand with a 22 handgun at Suscon Rd, this happend last year. I can only hope that the permit stops some of the dumbs arses that show up.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by R.W.J View Post
    one wco for 350 to 450 sq miles. With other duties it doenst leave a lot of time for range enforcement.
    Then why not implement a program where someone can donate his/her time to be a certified range officer???? Sort of along te lines of a deputy wco. I am sure you can find some who would be interested

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12