Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Re: C&E Gunshow Monroeville Expo Mart

^^what he said! Even quality parts and accessories are missing. Did the NRA convention take away?

(Allegheny County)

I didn't make the NRA Convention yesterday due to parking issues and traffic.... today I didn't get to the Gun Show or the NRA Convention due to great weather for a motorcycle ride.... and I could slip the gun events to tomorrow during the not so good weather.

Am I reading this correctly that the Monroeville Gun Show was a flop... and it's being blamed on the NRA Convention?

So should I attend the convention or the show???? Not looking to buy anything really, just see what new stuff is out (like the new Ruger 1911) if it is on display?

Feedback please?

Well I made the mistake of going today purely for the entertainment value and this was by far the worst "gun show" that I've ever been too. I had the lowest of expectations and I was still dissappointed. The foot traffic was way down which could be in part due to the NRA show, however I think that the word is out on the quality of this show.......or should I say lack thereof.

More than half of the tables had crap knifes, 2 different types of gutter guards, basement waterproofing, furniture, fudge, beef jerky, jewelry, and other junk that has no buisness being at a gun show. I think I might of accidently seen a few guns there. Dry Tavern and a vendor that had some real nice steel plate targets were the only tables that had anything worth giving a look at. The only item that my friend and I left with was 2000 mastercast bullets from a vendor that I had seen at this show the last two times. As we were walking out to the vendor's truck to get the bullets he said that this time would more than likely be his last.

If you are thinking about attending this show my advice would be to punch yourself in the balls. You'll get the same affect as attending this show and will and save yourself the $8 admission as well as the $4/gal in gas.
    Last edited by titanse05; April 30th, 2011 at 08:59 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by PAVTXER View Post
    I didn't make the NRA Convention yesterday due to parking issues and traffic.... today I didn't get to the Gun Show or the NRA Convention due to great weather for a motorcycle ride.... and I could slip the gun events to tomorrow during the not so good weather.

Am I reading this correctly that the Monroeville Gun Show was a flop... and it's being blamed on the NRA Convention?

So should I attend the convention or the show???? Not looking to buy anything really, just see what new stuff is out (like the new Ruger 1911) if it is on display?

Feedback please?
    The NRA convention rocked. You'll never see such a selection at a PA gunshow. Ex: How many vendors at a gunshow have a DSA FAL for sale? The DSA exhibit at the NRA show had pretty much every FAL they make there to fondle. Only gun I couldn't find was an example of the H&R AR15's I have heard exist.

(Elk County)

Ditto on what's been said above about the C&E show. Let's walk down a typical aisle:

Gun dealer - Chinese knife dealer - Chinese firearm accessory dealer - Chinese knife dealer - Jewelery dealer - Knockoff magazine and cleaning brush dealer - Some private seller with horrendously overpriced used Cowboy action shooting guns and high-cap semi-auto pistols - Chinese knife dealer - ammo dealer. At the end of the aisle, Glasses cleaner dealer AND the annoying asshole with "boomerang" toy helicopters who seemed to be entertaining himself by timing the flight of his rubbish with passersby. One passed by me so close that I heard the beat of the rotors.

As for the jerky dealers, I watched one of them selling bags of Jack Links products, I should say TRYING to sell Jack Links products with a pair of tongs trying to give away little chunks for free. I was waiting for a friend for about 10 mins and the whole time not one showgoer took a sample, or bought an overpriced bag of Jack Links shoeleather that could be had at a lower price at Giant Eagle.

Three actual GUN dealers I know well were complaining that the crowd was "looking, not buying." A few 4473s were being filled out here and there, Dry Tavern and Bravermans seemed to be busy.

The couple from "Indian River Trading" with the little dog and the display cases full of Lugers, P38s, 1911A1s, 1903 Colts, and the obligatory Nazi-marked European pocket pistols, none of them price tagged, seemed to be answering questions and doing no selling. I asked about the price for guard screws for a 1903A3, and the guy's cell phone rang. I listened for several minutes while he told a customer he didn't know where his gun was, he'd have to trace it down through the carrier. This was repeated several times. I walked off and came back later, and the asshole jammed me up for leaving. I handed it back to him for taking a call when he could have let it go to VM, I'm a customer too. He tells me I don't spend $20,000 to $30,000 a year with him like the caller does. I told him, "I'm not spending ONE CENT with you," and walked away.

The highlight for me was meeting Bige64; pleased to meet you, hope you did well despite.

And I found a nice, hardly used, older German-made SIG 228 for $520 OTD. Hardly a "smiley" on the barrel and NO wear on the rails or slide.

I've been giving C&E the benefit of the doubt as it tries to develop this show, but this is, er, was the last C&E Monroeville show for me.

Noah
    Last edited by Noah_Zark; May 1st, 2011 at 08:32 AM.
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Beaver County)

I didn't bother going, after listening to the guy with the coupons outside the NRA show arguing about how he's all in favor of people having guns, if they are registered . . .

(Allegheny County)

Ahhhh, the NRA show was much much better than expected. Today was the day to go I think. I'm so glad I went there instead.... I have been to the last few CandE shows or so and have been very disappointed to say the least. It's better than some others... but seems to be going down instead of growing.

As a recommendation, if they take em, they should have a list of Vendors attending on their website so we can see if there is someone there we want to do business with. But... back to reality.... that will never happen or no one would go i guess.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post

The highlight for me was meeting Bige64; pleased to meet you, hope you did well despite.

Noah
    Noah... I'm sorry there weren't more quality tables but it is greatly appreciated that you were pleased to meet me.

I as well as many many other vendors were irritated with this show. First off the crowds were just not there either day. I don't think I have ever been to a more dead show. Not sure if it was the NRA convention, the random orange cones sprouting up all over the parkway or the shitty quality c and e has turned into (or a combination).

The quality of the vendors was horrible. I don't sell guns on my table but I try as hard as possible to keep things as "gun related" as possible. I saw maple syrup, rocking chairs, jewelry, stupid assed helicopters, and just all around garbage. C and E needs to be more selective real quick or they are going to start loosing the few quality vendors remaining.

Number 1 thing that got under my skin....... (DrumRoll)........ The MF'ing ATM was broken. Bingo lost a ton of sales for that simple fact right there.

On top of that somewhere between saturday morning and sunday Night I got Bronchitis and had to hit up one of the clinic type places, after todays show, to get meds.

I'm hitting the couch to burn off this sickness and hopefully I feel a bit better tomorrow.
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

I was extremely disappointed with the show. I was hoping that it would be better than the last one but I was wrong again. Braverman's and the table right a the entrance (Dry Tavern?) had some nice priced items.

Other than that there were way too many used guns going for NIB prices. I will be doing my buying from local shops from now on and will not be going back to this show unless its has a transformation. It's a shame too because its in a great location and could be great.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bige64 View Post
    <snip>

I as well as many many other vendors were irritated with this show. First off the crowds were just not there either day. I don't think I have ever been to a more dead show. Not sure if it was the NRA convention, the random orange cones sprouting up all over the parkway or the shitty quality c and e has turned into (or a combination).

The quality of the vendors was horrible. I don't sell guns on my table but I try as hard as possible to keep things as "gun related" as possible. I saw maple syrup, rocking chairs, jewelry, stupid assed helicopters, and just all around garbage. C and E needs to be more selective real quick or they are going to start loosing the few quality vendors remaining.

Number 1 thing that got under my skin....... (DrumRoll)........ The MF'ing ATM was broken. Bingo lost a ton of sales for that simple fact right there.

<snip>
    This is all bad news.

The downed ATM had to be a bitch.

The show organizers should find a way to call ahead the day or two to before to someone in charge of the facility and insure the damn thing works and is loaded.

Regardless; do these knucklheads take any feed-back from you table-holders in terms of how their shows have become Trader Jack's?

Is it their table fees that are generally scaring vendors away? I know I'm not happy with their outrageous entry fee - that's a fast-food lunch for two - but I still try to go. Maybe no more.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast