Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Elk County)

Default Re: C&E Gunshow Monroeville Expo Mart

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post

Regardless; do these knucklheads take any feed-back from you table-holders in terms of how their shows have become Trader Jack's?

I wasn't a table holder but I let the C&E staff know my impressions of their flea market, er, gun show on the way out the door.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by bige64 View Post
    Noah... I'm sorry there weren't more quality tables but it is greatly appreciated that you were pleased to meet me.

I as well as many many other vendors were irritated with this show. First off the crowds were just not there either day. I don't think I have ever been to a more dead show. Not sure if it was the NRA convention, the random orange cones sprouting up all over the parkway or the shitty quality c and e has turned into (or a combination).

The quality of the vendors was horrible. I don't sell guns on my table but I try as hard as possible to keep things as "gun related" as possible. I saw maple syrup, rocking chairs, jewelry, stupid assed helicopters, and just all around garbage. C and E needs to be more selective real quick or they are going to start loosing the few quality vendors remaining.

Number 1 thing that got under my skin....... (DrumRoll)........ The MF'ing ATM was broken. Bingo lost a ton of sales for that simple fact right there.

On top of that somewhere between saturday morning and sunday Night I got Bronchitis and had to hit up one of the clinic type places, after todays show, to get meds.

I'm hitting the couch to burn off this sickness and hopefully I feel a bit better tomorrow.
    What was your booth called and where was it? Had i known before i woulda stopped and said sup.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by dead zen View Post
    What was your booth called and where was it? Had i known before i woulda stopped and said sup.
    Easiest way to describe my tables are exploding and exotic... I had the tannerite and exotic ammo.
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    This is all bad news.

The downed ATM had to be a bitch.

The show organizers should find a way to call ahead the day or two to before to someone in charge of the facility and insure the damn thing works and is loaded.

Regardless; do these knucklheads take any feed-back from you table-holders in terms of how their shows have become Trader Jack's?

Is it their table fees that are generally scaring vendors away? I know I'm not happy with their outrageous entry fee - that's a fast-food lunch for two - but I still try to go. Maybe no more.
    I honestly don't think c and e cares what I say. If we got half or more of the vendors to bitch then something might change.

The fees suck horribly. $50 per 6foot table plus an extra $45 if you want electricity. Comparatively the washington county show I pay $35 per 8foot table and zero if I want electricity.

Sucks that there isn't another big show nearby that I could move to...
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Beaver County)

I went to the show Sunday morning. Had 2 goals: sell off a few guns and look at / buy a Taurus 1911 in SS. I didn't have any trouble getting my guns looked at. I was carrying a black double pistol soft case and a small rifle case. Two steps past the LEO putting zip ties on weapons I was jumped by people at the first table asking what I had. He directed me to a guy that was polite and informative. I sold two of the three pistols and could have sold the rifle but it wasn't worth quite what I was thinking it was worth. Which didn't offend me, these guys know what they can buy and sell things for.

As far as buying... there really weren't that many GUNS there, as has been previously mentioned. And certainly fewer tables with pistols than I expected. Still for $7 (you did use the $1 coupon right?) I didn't feel ripped off. I'd go again.

Oh... the scary guy trying to molest people with jerky offerings? UGH. That doesn't belong anywhere. Who doesn't know what beef stick tastes like? And it wasn't like he cooked it; just bagged garbage. F- for him.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234