Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: C&E Gunshow Monroeville Expo Mart

There you go, start with the chinese knives to cut your jerky up while driving home in your foreign ....Something for everyone

Will be there with lots of goodies and American Made Knives (in response to poster above)
    Owner of EMac's Tactical - www.emacstactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by mike_g View Post
    There you go, start with the chinese knives to cut your jerky up while driving home in your foreign ....Something for everyone
    Haha. There is no such thing as an american made car. American built is as close as it comes. At least mine was built by Americans in Canton, Mississippi. Not canada, mexico.......like GM and Dodge. Besides, we are talking about the trash for sale at this gunshow not my crappy truck.....lol

Hopefully this weekends show will have less crap and more of the good stuff. I attended the last 4 shows here (that weren't affected by inclement weather) and it seems that every isle has some garbage knifes for sale. One place to buy beef jerky is fine, but 12 places to buy crappy knockoff knifes is about 11 more than needed. I remember one vendor of handcrafted knifes at the last show.

This show has the potential to be great one day but until the organizers weed out the crap it will continue to be lackluster. The building is the best that I've been in when it comes to gun shows but the vendor quality just isn't there yet.
    Last edited by titanse05; April 27th, 2011 at 12:49 PM.

(Butler County)

I was jokin about the chinese knives, you get what you pay for. Reminds me how dude said that the $200 white dress shirts at the custom taylor are the same as walmart's $12 ones. He didnt understand that the only thing the same was the color! Hell- he would be all over that chinese knife crap. Too bad about the jerky overkill and I'd come but got plans. Good luck to all the vendors and attendees- may the 4 winds bring back safely home!

Yeah I hope this weekends is better than past ones as well, for the atendees sake!

Oh, the title from the OP states that the show is at the Expo Mart, this is incorrect. It's at the Monroeville Convention Center which is within eeshot distance of the expomart. The convention center is a beautiful facility to host a gun show!

(Allegheny County)

That is a nice building. I went to a show there recently, don't remember the hosting organization though. It has decent bathroom access and areas to duck into in case you need to get some quiet for a phone call. "Honey, I found such a good deal on this 9mm, we can't afford not to get it, and about those shoes you wanted, we can't afford those."

(Allegheny County)

I like the Monroeville Gun show. The best of facilities of any Western PA Gun Show. Great A/C, I can't smell Bubba unless I'm standing right next to him. The parking is a bit tough and so is waiting in line in the rain, but heck it's better than going shopping at Macy's with the wife.

I think of these gun shows as a gun guys flea market. I don't go for the deals. I go to look around at guns and stuff. If I see something I was looking for or want, I'll buy it, even if it's not the best price available.

I don't think I've ever paid the asking price on a used gun at one of these, so you should at least ask if there is any wiggle room on the price.
    Toujours prêt

(Beaver County)

Bump... Show is today and tomorrow. Hope to see some of you there...
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Fayette County)

If anyone goes and sees any SKS's give me a shout. I really don't want to drive all the way up there without a little knowledge of what they have for sale up there.

(Somerset County)

Grab the brooms; I call shenanigans on this show. To label this a "Gun Show" is a travesty. Cheap knives and other novelty weapons have taken over this show, not to mention the tables selling furniture, jewlery, candles, basement waterproofing, gutter shields, and other non-gun related items. I understand filling space, but this is getting ridiculous. Plus, it seemed like there was a whole lot less of merchandise at most places as well. Is something going on behind the scenes with this show that they constantly are losing quality dealers?

Props to Dry Tavern for consistantly showing up to a GUN SHOW with a variety of firearms at better than average pricing.

*Rant Over*

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast