Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default OC? No Problems.

Needed a new suit, so it was off to the 700 Shop right smack-dab in the middle of Uptown Indiana, on the corner of 7th Street and Philadelphia Avenue. Good people, even gooder service.

It was cold today (mix of occasional snow and rain), so my coat had to come off. Kind of hard to measure a person for a suit with an overcoat on.

Off came the overcoat, the hat, and the 9mm in its holster. Salesman didn't even bat an eyelash. "Any more guns, grenades, knives that might get in the way?" "Nope, that's it" Everything got piled onto a chair while I was getting gussied up.

No muss, no fuss, good sale.

Then it was off to Eat-N-Park with wifey-poo for breakfast/lunch. Crowded? Sheesh! We finally got a place to sit; off came the coat again, and I sat strong side out. No one in the place seemed to care, even when I visited the salad bar.

Then it was off to cash in my Giant Eagle Fuel Perks (I got 30 gallons at 80.9 cents a gallon - filled up the car plus three five-gallon containers), a quick visit to Wally World, and then food shopping at Martin's, but I was wearing the overcoat, and concealed carry doesn't count.

(Indiana County)

Default Re: OC? No Problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    No one in the place seemed to care, even when I visited the salad bar.
    I have lived in Indiana for 5 years now because I was attending IUP. I can tell you from that short experience here that I would expect nothing less from the people who live around the town. Only time I ever faced problems was from college students about the whole gun issue, which I had to school many of them about. Besides that the area around the town is made up of farmers and blue collar workers, most of whom own and shoot guns. So to sum it all up, I wouldn't have expected less.

(Westmoreland County)

thats the way it should be everywhere ...un-noticed and relaxed
    S&W M&P40c, Sig P238 SAS-.380, Ruger mkIII .22, Thinking about a new sig 938.....

(Indiana County)

So tonight it was down to the Dairy Queen in Northern Cambria (on the Spangler side). Moms, dads, and lots of kids running all over the place. Me? I'm OCing as usual.

Comments? Looks? Puddles on the floor?

Nothing, zip, nada.

I totally agree with the posts, but have another twist to the discussion. Couple of us here in good old Indiana started a bet (10 years ago) that you couldn't make it from 4th and Philly to 9th and Philly with an AK (with mag inserted) slung on your back before the cops had you eating pavement with a couple 9's pointed at the back of your head. The discussion was being legal vs "pushing it".

Last I remembered, and this was just between us and not for Joe Public to claim, we had the pool up to $500 for anyone that even tried it. Not that I would condone riling up the sheep, it's just not worth it anymore. I regularly OC lots of places in town but with a pistol in a holster and I'm a pretty good looking guy anyway, so nobody ever minds.

Craig
    Last edited by mp43sniper; July 7th, 2011 at 08:42 PM.

(Indiana County)

Wink Re: OC? No Problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mp43sniper View Post
    I totally agree with the posts, but have another twist to the discussion. Couple of us here in good old Indiana started a bet (10 years ago) that you couldn't make it from 4th and Philly to 9th and Philly with an AK (with mag inserted) slung on your back before the cops had you eating pavement with a couple 9's pointed at the back of your head. The discussion was being legal vs "pushing it".

Last I remembered, and this was just between us and not for Joe Public to claim, we had the pool up to $500 for anyone that even tried it. Not that I would condone riling up the sheep, it's just not worth it anymore. I regularly OC lots of places in town but with a pistol in a holster and I'm a pretty good looking guy anyway, so nobody ever minds.

Craig
    Heck. I would do that with an AK and an AR at the same time, with a Glock on my side. No problem.
    FREEDOM isn't FREE...!!! United States Air Force Veteran / LIFETIME NRA MEMBER