Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default We Need More Teachers Like This!

WE NEED MORE TEACHERS LIKE THIS:

Back in September of 2005, on the first day of school, Martha Cothren, a social studies school teacher at Robinson High School in Little Rock, did something not to be forgotten.

On the first day of school, with the permission of the school superintendent, the principal and the building supervisor, she removed all of the desks out of her classroom.

When the first period kids entered the room they discovered that there were no desks.

Looking around, confused, they asked, "Ms. Cothren, where're our desks?"

She replied, "You can't have a desk until you tell me what you have done to earn the right to sit at a desk."

They thought, "Well, maybe it's our grades."

"No," she said.

"Maybe it's our behavior."

She told them, "No, it's not even your behavior."

And so, they came and went, the first period, second period, third period. Still no desks in the classroom.

By early afternoon television news crews had started gathering in Ms. Cothren's classroom to report about this crazy teacher who had taken all the desks out of her room.

The final period of the day came, and as the puzzled students found seats on the floor of the deskless classroom, Martha Cothren said, "Throughout the day no one has been able to tell me just what they have done to earn the right to sit at the desks that are ordinarily found in this classroom. Now I am going to tell you."

At this point, Martha Cothren went over to the door of her classroom and opened it. Twenty-seven (27) U.S. Veterans, all in uniforms, walked into that classroom, each one carrying a school desk.

The Vets began placing the school desks in rows, and then they would walk over and stand alongside the wall. By the time the last soldier had set the final desk in place those kids started to understand, perhaps for the first time in their lives, just how the right to sit at those desks had been earned.

Martha said, "You didn't earn the right to sit at these desks. These heroes did it for you. They placed the desks here for you. Now, it's up to you to sit in them. It is your responsibility to learn, to be good students, to be good citizens. They paid the price so that you could have the freedom to get an education. Don't ever forget it."

This a true story!

VERIFY IT YOURSELF. HERE ARE THE WEB SITES:
    http://www.snopes.com/glurge/nodesks.asp
    http://truthorfiction.com/rumors/s/school-desks.htm

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: We Need More Teachers Like This!

Thats pretty awesome! Kids today do need to learn respect! Just go to the mall on a Friday night! You'll see what I mean...rude, arrogant and disrespectful teens everywhere! I am starting to think that there is no hope for the future of humanity...

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Bedford County)

Good story. I'll bet those kids will remember that for the rest of their lives!
    <a href=http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehosting/2175485722f4a1b35.jpg target=_blank>http://www.pafoa.org/forum/imagehost...722f4a1b35.jpg</a>

"A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys." ~ Charlton Heston, 1997

(Venango County)

That's been circulating around for a couple years now......everything that I can find confirms it.....

Great job, IMO

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

Yup, that's been around but worth repeating no matter how many times it takes to get everyone to realize what the hell is important.