Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Movie Theaters

Default Movie Theaters

Does anyone know United Artists Movie theaters gun policy, specifically King of Prussia, thanks

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Movie Theaters

I have carried into this specific movie theater - although it was concealed... so if you are looking at carrying concealed its not like they have metal detectors or someone patting you down at the door. Also, as far as I saw, nothing was posted.

thanks for the replies, I only carry concealed and wasn't worried about it but I just started to carry and am curious if any of the places I go frequently restrict guns like the mall

(Northampton County)

I wouldn't be too concerned about which places "restrict" guns. For me, as long as it isn't against state or federal law, I don't even think twice about it. If for some reason I'm outed (printing/metal detector), I will apologize and just take my business else where.

(Chester County)

It's been said but I just carried in there concealed about three weeks ago. No problems you're good to go.
    This is all that I could fit into my signature line.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by .50 cal View Post
    thanks for the replies, I only carry concealed and wasn't worried about it but I just started to carry and am curious if any of the places I go frequently restrict guns like the mall
    Be advised that most malls do have a "no firearms" policy. Usually it means little, as most of the time they'll just tell you to leave, but there is, legally, the possibility of being charged for defiant trespass. I have not yet heard of an instance of this, though.

(Bucks County)

Malls operate as private property owned by a corporation that has public access but govern by "code of conducts" or conditions that the ownership will allow you to be on property. It is similiar to you having a visitor in your home under the condition that the visitor cannot smoke in your home. If they choose to smoke, you as the property owner can order them to leave. You cannot have them arrested for not following your conditions of the visit. However, if the smoker refuses to leave (becomes defiant to your order to vacate) the smoker can be arrested for defiant trespass. Same thing with the mall. If security or another person representing the mall observes a weapon and there is a no weapon policy, initially they can order you to leave for violating the policy but cannot have you arrested unless you become "defiant" and refuse to leave. At that time the visitor can be charged with defiant trespass. Bets way to operate as malls could be a prime target for active shooters is to carry concealed and not let anyone know it. I have been carrying concealed for 37 years and have never had anyone in public observe any of the weapons I have carried. My theory is that when I carry, I most certainly want the element of surprise if God forbid I need to use my weapon. I most certainly do not want anyone to know I have it, especially a criminal type who if he sees it can plan on neutralizing me before he does something else bad.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by .50 cal View Post
    You could always call and ask a manager/owner. I would do that and get an actual answer rather than asking random strangers on the internet if you are actually concerned about it.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    You could always call and ask a manager/owner. I would do that and get an actual answer rather than asking random strangers on the internet if you are actually concerned about it.
    I don't understand people who do this. It's like calling ahead to ask if you are allowed to wear red shirts within the store.

(Chester County)

I carry there just keep it concealed at all times

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast